CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: July 4th swimbait bite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: July 4th swimbait bite Reply with quote

Messed up my day (girl friend did something to my phone so I didnt here my alarm go off this morning on the phone or marks call so I missed a chance to fish Qounni- sorry mark )

Started off in the pads with frogs and missed a huge blowup on the second cast. Stayed with the pads for 2 hours with a few more blowups from good size largies but zero hookups- just werent taking the frog. Worked across the pond to the opposite shore waking the 7in xx frog slammer and hit a fish when the rain and wind was going good with good cloud cover (reason I was throwing the bait)

The other kids got tired of fishing after fishing more pads and not getting bit and they wanted to head back so im out in the middle of the lake in 7 fow thats actually only 3 feet because the rest was coontail and im chucking the slammer and SLURP! Whata blowup- had the fish all the way to the boat and tried to hoist her in but she shook off- no net and they were standing around like dumbies with no excitement to grab those 1/0 owners lol, they swore it was a 6 but she looked like a heavy 4 to me. At least they both wanted to fish after this.

Tossing along and get hit right in front 2 pros
Nice 3 lb 2oz largie

Tossing along some more and my buddy Dan got hit on the mini I lended him, the fish absolutely nailed this thing- very explosive hit for a dink

Tossing along and I get slurped but no hookup, jerked it twice and she nailed it again and went 3lb 6oz

Headed in- no doubt in my mind that I could of got 10 fish on the slammer if we stuck it out but they had prior obligations and we found the pattern to late in the afternoon on a short trip.

Last edited by Nickp on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Job!

Just one more cast...
Keith T

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Fish Buddy....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on those lunkers Nick!
jimfish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bass Nick.
I would go easy on calling me a wanna be. It isn't a crawdad.It was a 12ft Jon Boat. And those mats are in 5ft of water.
It was great you and your friends did so good. Don't insult anyone else that are fishing.
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish nick!
Nickp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry jim- im used to being insulted and made a joke of by fisherman who are out there as well as a few other lakes. Constantly just because im out in a small boat and I dont have a luckycraft shirt or w/e and im constantly under estimated so I take GREAT pride when I can show off in front of the older crowd. Bottom line- people look at me and dont say a word because they assume I cant catch fish so I have no respect for anyone until they happen to mosy over and ask how the fishing is- then im the most polite well spoken young man and usually shoot a good conversation for a few minutes to enlighten the fellow fisherman on a bite.

Bad experiences lead me to be prejudice on the water. I am sorry.
CtSlabFinder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp wrote:
Sorry jim- im used to being insulted and made a joke of by fisherman who are out there as well as a few other lakes.

dude, why would anyone make fun of you? Judging by the pics I have seen you post you are probably one of the better fisherman in the state, definately one of the best on this site. What is that bait you are throwing and where can I get one? don't let people hate on you because you are still in junior high and are kind of goofy looking. i would like to see them compete against you.
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can`t ask for much more.It is usually the guy in the crappy little dingy catching the big fish.
My brother Quint and I have a no frills working boat and we will put our local saltwater skills up against anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: