CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Just joined today, hello.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Just joined today, hello. Reply with quote

Thought I'd take a moment to say hello to everyone. My name is Tom and I live in East Haven.

From the age of twelve I became an avid fisherman, I remember riding my bike to a local pond loaded with chain pickerel and from there I was hooked Smile. For the next twenty two years I fished on an four to five times a week basis during the season. I've fished for pretty much anything that swims, I even remember the days in winter driving up to the old Yankee Nuclear Power Plant and fishing for Carp and Channel catfish when the turbine used to be in operation.

At the age of thirty four my first daughter was born and few years later my second came along. My wife had to switch to working weekends and my fishing was all but a memory. So for the past thirteen years I've only managed a few precious trips a season but my daughters are older now and this year my wife went back to work during the week and has the weekends off. Smile

Last year I started to fish a bit more and pulled off a one hundred largemouth season tally. I plan on breaking that total this year by a large margin.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and learn some new things by reading here and perhaps share what I've learned in my many years of fishing.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Tom. I too just got back into fishing last year after having 2 kids that sucked up most of my time!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Tom! Good luck with your newer fishing adventures.
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Tom.

Oh the old Yankee Plant, my wife & I used to live there on the weekends Sept.-April "Pike City"!!!
Man I miss that place. Sad
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad was sick the past 3 years before he passed last summer but I spent all of my life before that fishing with him. I miss him but I gotta try and get back to it this year finally. He taught me how to catch the lunkers at Candlewood so I'm gonna try and get the boat ready and get back to it in the next couple months. It's what he would of wanted. Good to see some good people on here.
hila2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Tom, and welcome back to the sport. Hey Clint sorry about your dad, but it's true he would want you back at it for sure. My dad taught me everything I know about the outdoors, he's unable to get out anymore, but he lives his fishing life thru the wife and I now. Good luck.
TMK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Very Happy

Well I've been out in the garage going through my tackle box and getting the gear ready. I changed all my line for my freshwater stuff. In just a couple of weeks I'll be hitting Lake Saltonstall for Trout, Walleye and mostly Bass.

This weekend I have my first trip planned, I'm heading to an old favorite of mine. It's a pond full of Chain Pickerel and some big one's at that. I have my in line spinners ready to rip across the top, I love how they explode on it. I also have my 6" plastic worms ready to snake across the top as well. Of course tiny torpedo's and crazy crawlers are great performers too!

It's exciting to be back!
steveo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone just joined today this is my first forum iv been on, looks like a great fishing spot..Im getting pumped reading about the stripers already in the ct river cant wait to get out there...
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve and welcome
steveo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys anybody know a good spot to start out fishing from a boat in the ct river.. Looking to catch some small stripers this is my first boat, normally I go out on charters so the captain is finding the spots..I live in Wallingford I used to go out of old saybrook with a buddy of mine but never new great spots...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: