CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Just moved here from Detroit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Detroitboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Just moved here from Detroit Reply with quote

Hi all

I just moved here from Detroit and I'm trying to find out where to fish and what to use. The whole saltwater fishing thing is totally foreign to me, but I believe this is the right forum to learn. As far as freshwater fishing, I grew up doing that and I'm looking forward to fishing the lakes and rivers here.
Oh yeah i'm a rookie at fly fishing, so it just makes more for me to learn about.
Look foward to chatting it up.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard D Boy, you've come to the right place. These guys can help you catch whatever you want. Sort of a mixed bag here. (meant in the nicest way). Shocked Very Happy if you have a boat with a full fuel tank can i have it ?? Thanks.

I'm a starving fisherman and it will help feed my family !! Shocked Shocked Very Happy Wink Wink Hey have a great time and enjoy !!!

Don

PS. I don't want to overwhelm a Detroit guy ,feel at home here. Very Happy

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Detroit boy! If you want info about where to fish, you have to ask specific questions, as there are lots of lakes, rivers, and salt to fish, with many having different fish species in them.

For example.....

What kind of fishing did you do back home?

What fish species are you going to be targeting here?

Are you a shore fisherman, or do you have a boat?

There are plenty of very good fisherman on this site with years of experience on the water. Most are willing to give you any and all information you need. You just have to ask........ Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

back home i fish for smallmouth, catfish, walleye, pan fish, musky, pike, sturgeon, salmon and i'm addicted to steelhead.
I know that was a long list but that covers it all. Right now I only fish from shore until I get out of school and can afford to purchase a boat.
I hear there are White bass in CT river I would love info on fishing for them cause we can only fish for them at one time in the year in detroit.

Thanks
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitboy, I don't have much info on white bass, as I am a tournament bass fisherman for the most part. Yes white bass are in the river, and I've also caught them in Pachaug Pond which is really a lake. You need to get onto the DEP website and get a book called "A fisheries Guide to Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut". It will tell you all you need to know about almost any lake in the state, the best $20 you'll ever spend.

Ask your questions under the appropriate section. Salt questions under Saltwater, Bass questions under Bass fishing, etc. Because not everybody looks at the welcome section.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site, DB! I've seen some great fishing shows come out of the Detroit river in the last couple of years!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum and ditto what slimey said about the DEP book. It can be orderd online here:
http://www.ctdepstore.com/product.sc?categoryId=4&productId=235
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board!
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.
Detroitboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: