CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Kayak Day Trip Recommendations?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AVec80X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Kayak Day Trip Recommendations? Reply with quote

Anybody have any recommendations for kayak fishing day trips in CT? I'll have 3 non-fisherman recreational paddlers with me. We've done the Bantam to Little Pond trip, Mattabassett trip and Lower Salmon River trip. Out and back trips are ideal, but I'm open to anything. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamburg Cove would be a great place
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lower Farmington River is a nice paddle, but can be challenging if the water level is low. Heck, there are a lot off stretches of the Farmington River that are nice to paddle.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lake Hayward near Devils Hop Yard state park. Looked like an awesome place to fish yesterday when I drove by on a Poker Run for the Special Olympics. Not a speed boat in sight.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mansfield Hollow is a nice laid back place for kayaking ,..there are boats, but they cannot go fast so they are no problem....

If you want to try a salt water venue,..the boat launch on Dock Rd. next to Pleasure Beach in Waterford is a good spot to try. Miles of pretty scenic, lightly developed shoreline from there going east towards Harkness Park,..with a decent shot at sizeable stripers, blues, porgies and fluke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: