CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Kayak Fishing Club Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chud059 wrote:
Bigelow hollow for kayakers, they stock trout and have assorted other fish in there and Mashapaug again, kayakers and boaters...not a popular spot for pleasure boaters at mashapaug..has restrictions and such..then again, I fish from shore so we should have a shore fishing contest!

I could bring an extra kayak, paddle and PFD for you to use. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all about getting a bunch af yak fishing togather. not to sure about tourments though. I think competition would take away the relaxation part of fishing that I enjoy so much. I'll be on the look out for kayak gatherings.-Duncan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if we were to have 2 separate groups having to do with section of the state?

People around Phil's area would be 1 group and people from areas around Duncan, Stephan, and me would be another.
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Michael's idea would be best used if there was a week where someone couldnt make a far away drive, but still had time to yak in their area.

I know that I am pumped to check out some places away from my area (southwest CT), especially because I grew up in the Hartford area and didnt fish up in that area when I was younger.

But on most occassions, where ya'll go is where I will be.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If each group were to have their own Opening Day gathering, Phil's group could do Batterson while Duncan, Stephan, CY, and I can do Ball Pond.

I've been to Ball Pond for Opening Day twice with somebody in their canoe and remember certain areas that hold trout and bass.
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Phil's group Question

MY group? You mean Alan's group! Laughing

Of course, you could do whatever you want, Michael, but I think you're missing the point of what Alan wants to do, which is get kayak fishermen from all over the state together to fish in waters all over the state. I realize that you don't drive, but many of us like to check out new waters that might not be close to our homes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, if we have a Kayak CTfish day planed and you want to go. As long as I'm going all you would have to do is give me a call and and put a few gallons of gas in my truck to get a ride to the spot. you have my number. -Duncan

oh yea , and you cant catch more fish than me. hahaha.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer Duncan Wink

I understand Phil Wink
chud059

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
chud059 wrote:
Bigelow hollow for kayakers, they stock trout and have assorted other fish in there and Mashapaug again, kayakers and boaters...not a popular spot for pleasure boaters at mashapaug..has restrictions and such..then again, I fish from shore so we should have a shore fishing contest!

I could bring an extra kayak, paddle and PFD for you to use. Very Happy

you've offered in the past and this year I may take you up on that! And I truly appreciate the offer.
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is awesome. I'm excited that this got so much positive feedback. I would be pumped to be a part of whatever kind of rules or locations you guys want to put in. I will be badly embarrassed in any kind of tournament and will have the least equipment but I'll be thrilled to be a part of it lol. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbehuniak09 wrote:
I will be badly embarrassed in any kind of tournament and will have the least equipment but I'll be thrilled to be a part of it lol. Very Happy

Hey, no more swimming, Stephan. Surprised At least, until the water warms up. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 12ft version of the Nucanoe which easily sits 2.
So if anyone who doesnt have a vessel and wants to hop in that thing, just let me know.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

limeymotors wrote:
I'm all about getting a bunch af yak fishing togather. not to sure about tourments though. I think competition would take away the relaxation part of fishing that I enjoy so much. I'll be on the look out for kayak gatherings.-Duncan

Duncan I understand your concern, but what I'm looking at doing would be a relaxed setting for fun. Peco and I fished in one last year and it was my first and so much fun. Very relaxed and I had my 11 year old son enter as well and it was only his third or fourth time fishing form his kayak.

There was a pool, but you did not have to enter the pool and could still be in the tourney, the only difference is if you won you did not get the money. What the tourney does is brings a bunch of people together and make catching each fish that much more exciting as it may help you win something. We could do a pool or try to get free prizes donated or just do certificates it does not matter to me just adds excitement. Hope this helps and look forward to seeing you. Oh yeah the tourney I fished guys were helping each other out, telling them where the fish were how they were biting giving each other soft plastics to share and that's what I'm looking to do with this whole CLUB thing tourneys are just and added fun thing to do.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay all please spread the word I want to get this started sooner than later. I know there are more people on here who kayak fish and may be interested, but may not have seen this thread. Phil if you could mention it on Fishfinder as well that would be great.
Here is where I'm at:
Looking to start a web page or Facebook page
Looking for three tourneys this year May, July, Sept Maybe May 11 for first one
Looking for three places to hold the tourneys

I know some people have mentioned Bigelow Hollow only problem there is that place is pond is small and they charge to get in on weekends after Memorial Day. I was also thinking we could do two person teams for one or all the tourneys which could add to the fun and the whole bringing people together idea. Well let me know all and spread the word.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay CT Kayak Fishing Club is up on Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: