CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Kayak out of 4 mile boat launch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limeymotors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Kayak out of 4 mile boat launch Reply with quote

I plan on taking my Kayak out of four mile boat launch in old lyme on saturday the 22nd. I'm going to try for some stripper. I have a tube&worm setup along with some top water plugs , a few buck tails and a few fake eels. If you see a yellow Yak out there wave to me. wish me luck. -Duncan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Kayak out of 4 mile boat launch Reply with quote

limeymotors wrote:
I plan on taking my Kayak out of four mile boat launch in old lyme on saturday the 22nd. I'm going to try for some stripper. I have a tube&worm setup along with some top water plugs , a few buck tails and a few fake eels. If you see a yellow Yak out there wave to me. wish me luck. -Duncan

Since you're going for a stripper you'd be smart to keep your worm inside the tube if ya know what I mean Wink
Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA , Stripper or Striper. I'd be happy with either one. I'm the worst speller. -Duncan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished from 7 am till noon and all I got was one sea robin. I HATE THOSE THINGS . -dUNCAN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Duncan, I had no idea where the Four Mile River Boat Launch is, so I took a look at it on Google Maps. Is there a large area of shallow flats near the ramp? Does it look like it would be a good spot for blue crabbing?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Hey, Duncan, I had no idea where the Four Mile River Boat Launch is, so I took a look at it on Google Maps. Is there a large area of shallow flats near the ramp? Does it look like it would be a good spot for blue crabbing?

If you take a left out of the launch there are some pillings near shore that can hold some decent crabs.

Also on your way down rt. 156 the Great Island Launch is another spot to check out. Take a right outa that launch and there are some shallow areas back there that I have got alot of nice crabs out of. Just be carefull going back there near low tide or a boat without a shallow draft because you will and I have gotten stuck there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: blue crabbing Reply with quote

Hi Peco,

Are you interested in getting together to do some crabbing? I'd like to try it from my kayak. I'm quite the newbie at it but hooked.

Ken
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: blue crabbing Reply with quote

kennethshaw wrote:
Hi Peco,

Are you interested in getting together to do some crabbing? I'd like to try it from my kayak. I'm quite the newbie at it but hooked.

Ken

They're killing them in the CT river right now.
The Lieutenant river cartop launch on 156 is a nice way to get in that area.
There's a good spot on the down river side of the RR bridge that crosses the lieutenant.Unless you want to paddle further from GI or Baldwin launches.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: