CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Kayaking backwaters/marshes for stripers?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Kayaking backwaters/marshes for stripers? Reply with quote

So I'm new to this site but not to fishing. Been an avid freshwater angler for ages and recently getting into inshore saltwater fishing. I recently bought a kayak and have been looking at maps for certain spots to bring it, specifically backwaters/marshes/tidal creeks I can paddle thru that hold fish. Do decent spots like this exist in CT and if so a PM would much be appreciated in getting me the right direction to find such an area.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No PM needed for this spot: Hamburg Cove. You could launch next to the Hamburg Cove Yacht Club, which is in the small cove, and paddle out into the big cove. Troll a three inch Mister Twister grub until you get a hit, then stop and cast at the spot.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's the overall fishing been there? I want to try and get out this weekend the latest
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've been out there. Hopefully, someone on this site has been out there recently and will post a report.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All !

Interesting front page article in todays Hartford Courant on Shad in the Connecticut River.

I tend to agree with the fisherman's theory that there are too many virocious Stripe Bass outside and inside the rivers that Shad spawn in.
Reducing Stripe Bass size limit, allowing more schoolies to be taken, would help the Shad to rebuild stocks.

SeaDog1
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they have already done that you can get a voucher to keep i believe one schoolie sized striper a day until mid june if i am not mistaken.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
I think they have already done that you can get a voucher to keep i believe one schoolie sized striper a day until mid june if i am not mistaken.

Hi!

Oh! heck with that voucher BS -> Just lower the size limit for 1 maybe 2 years with a total pocession limit per day.
Simple and no need for the hassel of getting a voucher.

KISS -> Keep it simple stup_d!
Dam bureaucrats! They can muck-up just about anything!

SeaDog1
nicklovesPK

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the stripers ate all the shad and alewives. they eat everything. i gutted one wit a 1.5lb and a 2.5 smallie in her belly. and the white perch came back last year and the stripers sucked them down like candy
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripers do eat EVERYTHING. They are apex predators. My friend gutted 1 last week that had 3 lobsters and countless asian crabs in its belly. I have recently seen alewives and shad in them as well. Anything that crawls or swims is on their menu. Everything except my baits lately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: