CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Keeney Cove 6/13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atkins

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Keeney Cove 6/13 Reply with quote

Made another trip to Keeney, the allure of pike and getting my first bowfin is hard to fight.

Took the canoe up into the northern part,

2 lmbs, largest at just over a pound, my first one with the black spots. Both on green chart tipped senko on flickit jig.

1 pumpkinseed, same lure

The following link is in regards to the black blotches on bass folks have been talking about.
http://www.tnfish.org/FrequentlyAskedQuestionsFAQ_TWRA/FrequentlyAskedQuestions_TWRA.htm#Melanosis

The bass where caught by the rt 3 culvert, and way up north in the cove. Lots of the crap in the water, hard to fish up there. Lots of big rises, most likely carp, though I like to imagine its a 25 lb pike Very Happy.

Went back to point rd to do some shore fishing, couldnt manage a bluegill.
Though folks were catching nice crappie, bluegills, cats, and eels on bits of worm. The pike fisherman where catching bowfin on live bluegills.

I also a mink bringing some sort fish out the water to snack on, never seen that before. And a dead 10 inch long mudpuppy on the shore,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: