CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Konolds Pond 01/24 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Konolds Pond 01/24 Reply with quote

TurtleKiss (aka Kira) and I met up with asianfisher (aka Billy), who took us to fish Konolds Pond, which is, unfortunately, a private, restricted access pond. It was sunny, almost completely windless and in the 20s when we got on the ice. Kira and Billy planned to just use tip-ups and I planned to just jig. Quite frankly, it was a gorgeous day to be on the ice. Although we had planned for an earlier start, Kira and Billy didn't begin setting their tip-ups until about 12:30 pm:

I drilled a dozen holes and never found a depth of more than three feet. And with about 14 inches of ice cover, there was less than two feet of water under the ice. Billy did manage to find me some water that was seven or eight feet deep, but those holes were more than a quarter mile away from where he and Kira had set their tip-ups. I got totally and completely skunked with the jig. I didn't get a single nibble. But Billy and Kira got about a half dozen largemouth bass on their tip ups, the best of which weighed three pounds, four ounces. Since I was so far away from them for most of the time we were on the ice, I didn't get many fish photos. But I got this one:

Konolds Pond is in a gorgeous setting, with the mountain and cliff face behind it. I tried to get Billy to strike a "chillin'" pose in front of it, but he couldn't keep a straight face:

My son called and reminded me that I had to be home for my daughter's Winter Band Concert, so I had to take off around 5:00 pm. But it was still so nice out that Kira and Billy decided to stay. Plus, Billy's Uncle Johnny had shown up at about 4:45 pm, anyway, so I left them on the ice as the sun went down:

It was a fun time, but I either have to start using tip-ups or find me a pond that's better suited to jigging.

Hey, Kira, did you find your eight pound bass after I left?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!

Looks like you guys had a Super Day Exclamation
Great set of pictures!
I was hoping to get out myself, but had a consulting job to work on!
Need to do some more Smelting before the Super Bowl!

Best regards,
SeaDog1
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought it was a pretty decent day.....Nothing over 3.4 lbs but productive eno9ugh to have a good time and again Find that bass in this pond are feeding same around same time for 2 days.... Bass have to compete with some other fish for bait. Still Amazing that went there handful of times this year and caught well over 30 bass and only 1 yellow perch...
basswacka19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECO, If you want to have better luck jigging, I think you should invest in either a flasher or a hand held gps. I'm gonna try to get a hand held gps for next winter so I can mark some spots where i find schooled up bass in late fall, that way I have a better idea of where to set up tilts and do some jigging.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: LOL! Reply with quote

basswacka19 - Kira says that I should invest in an underwater video camera.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: LOL! Reply with quote

Do it and will bring you to perch and crappie place that i would more than love to see under the water... gas auger will be fixed for that phil......
steven1smith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: LOL! Reply with quote

PECo wrote:

Excellent idea. It makes ice fishing a lot more fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: LOL! Reply with quote

DO IT PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Konolds Pond 01/24 Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Hey, Kira, did you find your eight pound bass after I left?

No 8 lber for me yet, but Uncle Johnny got a keeper on the tip-up when I was getting my other coat out of your trunk.

On the few occasions I've gone, Konolds has produced nice bass on tip-ups the few times I've been there. Can't believe I haven't seen a single panfish come out of there - definitely a plus.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: LOL! Reply with quote

PECo wrote:

DO IT PHIL! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: LOL! Reply with quote

CAMERA CAMERA CAMERA CAMERA
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil!

Have to dis-agree with af and Kira on this!

Better to invest in a flasher then a TV camera!

1.) You'll get more use and bang for your money with a flasher -> finding fish at all depths then the TV which has limited cable length.

2.) The TV will use up battery charge faster then a flasher.

3.) Flasher can be moved from hole to hole very fast and is not as cumbersome as the TV + Camera & Cable.

Just my personal opinion on the subject!

SeaDog1
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. buy a longer cable
2. buy spare batteries
3. buy a bag to transport your new toy

Link

Link

asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to fun man.. flasher is for bringin fish to you... camera is to watch you yolk there fer's outta the depths... Than post it... seeing whats messing with you and what you are teasing... Can def improve your jigging skills. and promote you same time... never used a flasher for catching fish but than again used different Technics with floating lights and generator... Not going to teach anyone that one who dont know neither... Wink
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analyzing what the pike is thinking looks more fun than catching it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: