CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Basile 5/4/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Lake Basile 5/4/14 Reply with quote

I took my first fishing trip of 2014 on Sunday morning. I hit my local Lake at about 10:00am. The weather was pretty mild when I first arrived and since it had been warm the last couple of days prior, I figured the fish would be shallow. I paddled to a section of the lake that was between 3-4 feet deep. After about 15 minutes of throwing a 5" wacky senko, I landed my first bass of the year. Yes, it was a monster Laughing

I fished the same general area for about another 20 minutes or so and ended up landing this 14" largemouth.

At around 12:30pm the wind started to pick up dramatically and a front started moving in so I decided it was time to head home. I ended up landing 7 largemouth. Three of which were keepers at 14", 14" and 13". I didn't take a pic of my biggest fish of the day because it was only about 1/2" longer than the first 14" fish I caught. All fish were caught in 3-4 feet of water with a 5" wacky senko. I didn't get any bites in the deeper parts of the lake which are only up to about 9 to 10 feet deep. They all had their pre-spawn beer guts hanging out. It was nice to get out and paddle and actually land some fish.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy catching those chunky 14" 1 1/2 pound cookie cutters with a light or medium light setup.
Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report DD. Congrats on a successful first outing. I was looking at Lake Basile on Google maps because I've seen a few reports but I can't see how you get access to it. Is there a parking area? How do you get to the lake? Thanks
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I park at the end of Lordship Rd and use my kayak cart to get down to the Lake via the bike path.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: