CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake ERIE updated
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon s

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Lake ERIE updated Reply with quote

yea im up in erie, i will post a full report soon but for now check out this smallie, 5lbs 6oz on a 4' tube 3/4oz head 15 FOW Caught by Jamie Worth
[/img]

well, im back, but barely........

saturday- fished largemouth in the presque and main lake portion of erie. the water was in the low 70's and the main lake was dangerous. no smallies but we caught a boat load of largemouth up to 4 lbs. didn't take a lot of pic beca [img][/img] use of the bad weather.
[img][/img]

fish were caught on fish stix wacky rigged, jigs and swimbaits. around a rock island, submerged cribs and a pair of submerged piers in less then 12 FOW

sunday- it was nice so we went deeper and tried for smallies. they were scattered and it was slow we both thought we had a good fish but they turned out to be sheephead? that was 35 FOW on big tubes. [img][/img]
[img][/img]

then jamie got the big fish in the first part of the post. i got a couple of small smallies and all were on the tube.

next couple of days, smallie fishing was slow and we played with largies doing the same things we did above to catch them and had a couple of frog blowups.

i did get a 5+ smallie as well, not pics because the camera was at the house :wtf: he was on a tube in 20+ feet guess ill have to go back....... Very Happy

we did also take Jamie's son out on thursady in the lagoons for some fishing. hes 5 and i was teaching him a few things. we gave him the rod with fish and taught him to cast a real spinning rod. all fish were caught on wacky rigged stix over cribs and a rock wall
[img][/img]
watching him fight that smallie when i gave him the rid was hysterical. we had 40+ fish that afternoon [img][/img]

Saturday
we fished all day looking for new areas and found many but not many fish. jamie did get another good one and here is. c-rig in 20+ feet. water still 70's [img][/img]
later in the day we were about 20+ miles away from the presque ramp when we saw a storm coming in. we packed up and started running. 1/4 back at 70+mph we were under the storm front. no wind just a scary ripple on the water and BLACK SKIES. then we hit the WALL. strong winds, 7-8 waves at 50MPH means you get the snot beat out of you. they were really close together and it was BAD. then the throttle cable snapped and we had only idle stuffing 8 footers. we tried to call for help but couldnt and eventually it a a 911 call to coast guard that saved our lives. we did manage to get in without a tow but we were both pretty sore and shaken up. the storm came up on us in less than 5 minutes so we were pretty lucky. after that sunday was an offday and i came home. our first big T is stren on champlain in a couple of weeks or so. Ill be back to lake erie soon though for big # if big smallies all in all it was a super fun week to hangout and fish with a good friend. minus saturday night :smokin: lesson...don't mess with erie

Last edited by jon s on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keith T

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crush them buddy....Good Luck
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice smallie!
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!!!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! amazing smallie!!! Great job - Can't wait to see your full report.

dude, such a nice fish!

Just one more cast...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: