CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Falcon, TX 1/27-2/1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Lake Falcon, TX 1/27-2/1 Reply with quote

I was down in Zapata for work and got to fish Falcon. Water is higher than it's been in 15 years, giving the fish plenty of room to hide. It's a big bass factory, but they were prespawn and tough to locate. Water temp fluctuated between 58 and 63, which is still cold for South Texas bass. Air temps were in the high 30s in AM then low 60s in the afternoon. 2 fronts came through to complicate things, but 4 punders were relatively easy to find slow rolling spinnerbaits (white) and bumping them off of the trees in 7-14 FOW. Flipping the trees and shrubs also paid off in the same depth. 65 pound braid, 6/0 hook, double-wide beaver. You'd lose about 40% of hooked fish in the branches, but I did get a 5-15 and my buddy caught a 6-11. The 5-15 is a personal best for me (relatively new to bass fishing), so I'm sure there's a profile picture change in my future.

I'm headed back for a couple of days in early March, so hopefully I'll be able to hang a really big one then.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to hammer em Phish, I am so jealous.

Good luck in March, maybe you'll break the 10lb. mark!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: