CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: lake gardner 9/19/09
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: lake gardner 9/19/09 Reply with quote

Went out and fished lake gardner with my aunt and uncle on their boat this afternoon. On the water at 4:15pm, fished until dusk, around 7:40.

First spot we tried was some underwater ledge where the water goes from about 5 FOW to 12 FOW. Location about 500 yards left of the island that is located pretty much directly across from the boat launch. You know ur in the spot when ur about parrallel from this flag pole on some guys property....about 200 yards off shore or so. My uncle hooked into a decent size blue gill, otherwise no luck there.

Went over to this other spot, and I caught a nice 21" chain pickerel on the same Mepps Black Fury # 3 I landed that candlewood smallie on. Caught a few more Johnny Roaches between us there and then went to our final spot.

Final spot was this cove, kinda near this campy area...might be a trailer park, couldnt tell. Water gets shallow quick though, a few big rocks there so be careful. We fished in about 7-10 FOW and were killin' the fish. Prob caught about 20 in that spot alone between the three of us. Mostly bluegills and red gilled sunfish. Also a few more smaller pickerel, a few nice perch, and two walleye. I caught a nice 12" perch on that Mepps, along with a couple smaller pickerel. My uncle and aunt were using ultra light rods with 4lb test, utilizing Eagle Claw rigs with small hooks (not sure the size) and live worms. They each landed a walleye, one went 16.5" the other 17.5" , a couple nice size perch also between them. Those bluegills were killin their worms, and when I tried using their set ups I caught a few myself, but I liked my set up better.

Not a bad short trip. One other boater was being a bit of a D-bag, coming real close to our boat and speeding past making huge wakes when the lake was pretty much empty and they had plenty of water to mess around on. Oh well, at least it wasn't slammed with people...

Til next time everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool report, Walleye on 4 pound test sounds like a lot of fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: