CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: lake george 9/5-6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lookn4bass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: lake george 9/5-6 Reply with quote

ended up bringing my boat to the silver bay area (one bay south of that incredible ymca compound). this was touch and go up to the day before. all depended on if i could get my boat registered and inspected friday evening so i could fish saturday morning (launches don't open until 7 or 8am). highly recommend norowal marina in bolton landing - quick, easy and friendly. i was in and out of there in 20 minutes (it's now 5:30pm). got to the cottage, checked out the dock, turned on my gps on my boat and headed to the closest launch (it's now 6pm). arrived at the hague town beach, launched the boat and had my wife drive the back to the cottage (it's now 6:30pm). arrived at the cottage (thanks to the gps because i wouldn't have figured out with dock was mine) at 6:45pm... made it! took me another 30 minutes to tie up the boat to the dock. luckily i was able to tie up all four corners - the waves from other boats and wind were relentless! this is why they all have boat lifts!

i had 2+ hours to fish in the mornings. 1st day i shot across the lake to fish a couple of islands (odell i think), back across to a couple of points and back across to some coves - fishing anywhere from 15-30 fow drop shotting, swimbaits and jigs. nada!

2nd day, i targeted a hump. 20' in 80-100 fow. shallow side, deeps side and over the top. nada! return trip was a fun as the wind picked up with some whitecaps.

so naturally, i hit lake x to pick up a few lmb to get that feeling back!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: