CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: LAKE HOUSATONIC ADVENTURE?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: LAKE HOUSATONIC ADVENTURE? Reply with quote

What do you call a day when your 16 year old grandson outfishes you 10 to 1 HOW ABOUT PREETY SAD ! Water temp was 61 degrees and the water was sort of dingy. I started with a rattletrap (always worked before) this time of year. Tried a spinnerbait I snagged a 12" smallmouth neither of us was happy. I even tried a buzzbait even though it was ultra sunny. Finally out of desperation I put on a senko; I hate fishing with senkos but hey what the heck. Oh yeah the lure Steve was cathing all his fish on was...ready for this a pop-r. Who can figure anyway the fish as of 11 a.m. are safe again. Boy was it HOT! cmorjoe
jlaz

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear they are hitting topwater lures. It's always fun catching them that way. Sounds like a good day out on the lake.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job cmorjoe, letting your grandson outfish you! Wink That's how charters are suppose to be. Very Happy
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevnseat wrote:
dang kids! Still great to get out on the water with him!

I've often wondered why it always seems like kids and new fisherman outfish the people who "show them how to do it". I think maybe it's because once you "know" you fish a bait a certain way. I think the guy who doesn't "Know" is more inclined to just fool around, maybe stop the bait to talk to you and let it sit, then maybe turn to look at something and pull the lure a little bit and then let it sit. I wonder if the fish sometimes are like "Whoa! Never seen one do that before, can't be a fisherman!"

Brilliant !!!! Now i have my answer !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: