CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Lilinonah 7/23/2016
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Lake Lilinonah 7/23/2016 Reply with quote

I arrived at the pond Brook state launch at 630.
There were several boat trailers in the lot, but no boat traffic in sight except for one.
I started off fishing a wack rigged 5 inch watermelon senko in the shallow area to the right of the launch. I was getting multiple hits and then a monster jumped on the line. It took me for a ride for about a minute and then I lost it at the side of my yak. I was about discouraged as possible and wanted to leave right then.

However I pushed on and quickly brought in a nice lmb on a watermelon flake tube.

There was a ton of fish activity on the surface and below, and I worked the shoreline from both sides, mainly with the tube and senko, but also trying a buzz bait along the way.

I ran into the lone boater who had mentioned he brought in a nice 3.5lb lmb on a jitter bug topwater bait. He was on his way to the launch and said he is coming back tonight around 1am for an all night fish outing.

I continued through pond Brook and fished the first residential dock on the left for a while. This nabbed me 2 lmb, one was a good size, the other a dink.

I paddled my way to the first set of channel markers and fished that area for a while.

After not having any luck there, I turned around slowly made my way towards the launch. I switched to a biffle bug plastic lure, which I weighed down with a nail weight. This style lure seemed to catch the attention of some fish towards the shallow edges, but I was only able to bring two to the boat.

I was about 100 yards from the launch when I guy came up to me with some curiosity about my kayak.. Little did I know it was a guy I was stationed with in the Coast Guard years ago. We had a nice conversation, wished each other well and off we went.

I got to the launch at 11am and there were multiple boats preparing to launch.

Nice morning overall
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A monster what, Pete? Lilli has northern pike, white catfish and channel catfish, too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had what felt like a monster lmb on the line, Phil. When I reeled it close to my yak, it was larger than most fish I catch, which is not saying much unfortunately.

Ironically, I was using the Ugly Stik rod you had given me a few years ago.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coastieyaker wrote:
When I reeled it close to my yak, it was larger than most fish I catch, which is not saying much unfortunately.

Stick with the five inch Senko, Pete. Toss it into the shade next to weedlines and other cover like laydowns, rocks and docks. You'll get 'em.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost guarantee you experienced Carp.

Smile

Little ones put up a better fight of the biggest LMBass/Smallie you can ever catch.

Actually, I've caught many 20+ lbs carp and it's the little ones that fight the hardest (10-20lbers)

Smile

Ever experienced severe forearm'/muscle pain from pulling in a fish? It's the norm for me hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: