CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake McDonough
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lforner01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Lake McDonough Reply with quote

I'm planning on going to Lake McDonough McDonough next weekend to fish with a buddy. Has anyone been there this season? I'll be fishing mainly for bass. Any suggestions.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the gate to the boat launch opens at 8:00 am on weekends. Clean and dry your boat well, and make sure that you have all of your paperwork, including your boat registration, trailer registration, and safe boater certificate and fishing license. Also, bring sunscreen and bug spray. There's almost no shade on the entire reservoir and sometimes there are biting flies.

The north end of the reservoir is the main area where the bass spawn. The entire northwest cove is fairly shallow. Sometimes, there are signs that say "No boats beyond this point" near the cove, but the kids at the boathouse have told us in the past that it's okay to go into the cove with a boat, as long as you don't use a gasoline-powered motor. You should probably ask whether there are any boating restrictions before you launch. If the water is still too cold for the bass to start spawning, you should be prepared to fish deeper water. A spider jig or drop shot would probably come in handy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son and I hit McD almost every weekend. Surface temp was 72*F mid day Saturday(6-7-2014). FYI, There have been a few tourney's the past few weekends. So the fish are pressured more than usual. Don't be afraid to try something they may have not seen.

You can find LMB bass in the shallows morning and evening. Usually around wood and rock. Grass(flats-humps) are holding fish. Primarily LMB in shallow grass flats, And SMB in deeper humps in the main lake.

Weightless soft plastic's(senko's) have been producing in the shallow structure. Dropshot and Texas/Carolina rigged worms have been working in the grass. We have also got a few decent fish on swim baits. SMB on a flutter spoon and Some LMB on Deep diving crank-baits in the main lake.

Peco, The motor buoy hasn't been put out since the far beach has been closed. An ice storm toppled several tree's by that beach. And although its cleaned up, They haven't opened the beach since. We were able to motor past Stan Cliff cove all last season and so far it hasn't been put out this season.

Can't catch em sittin on the sofa! Wink
Cagganelloa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Lake mcdonough Reply with quote

I caught 2 nice smsll mouth there on spinnerbait with a grub trailer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: