CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Monticello, SC with a surprise!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish-head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Lake Monticello, SC with a surprise! Reply with quote

It was a long wait for my leaf springs and a pain to put them on but I was on the road again on Saturday. I went to the lake that I broke my leaf spring to get some revenge. The weather was beautiful, highs in the upper 60's and light winds. Very Happy sorry guys..

This lake is up to 100ft deep in spots! This is a nuclear power plant lake so the water temps were anywhere from 65 to 58. I started out fishing a finesse worm on a jighead and landed 10 bass up to 3lbs. Towards dark I switched to a zara spook and tried some topwater. Topwater in December! yeah I like SC. I caught a few Lmb and then came the surprise! A nice blowup and this fish was jumping like crazy. I thought to myself "that looks like a smallmouth" sure enough, it was about 3lbs and very chunky. This lake is only 30miles from Columbia. There aren't supposed to be any smallmouths according to the SCDNR in South Carolina except for 1 lake in the mountains. maybe someone planted it there. My luck! The weather looks good for the next week, highs in the lower 60's. I hope to get out again soon. Stay warm guys. Laughing
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report Bob. You know you miss the snow!!!! Razz
chumley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on a awsome trip sounds like good times
robbyducati

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schmallies in sauth cakalakie? damn yankees just wont leave us be!
nice post keep em comin might help us get through the winter Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: