CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: lake Robinson, SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish-head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: lake Robinson, SC Reply with quote

Just thought I'd share the great day I had fishing here in SC. What a nice day to be out. 68 degrees Sunny and very little wind. I was in my T-shirt most of the day!

Lake Robinson is a power plant lake in Mcbee, SC. The water temps were anywhere from 80 degrees near the discharge, to 70 at the other end of the lake. Caught bass on just about everything that I threw. Spinnerbait, Rattletrap, Zoom speed worm and even one on a Zara spook. Ahhh topwater in DEC!! I even saw a bass on a bed near the discharge area! Final count for the day was 15 bass, nothing huge, but I did manage to catch a decent bass. Enjoy the snow up there!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your reports from down south, except for the last sentence on this one.

The older I get, the more I hate the damn snow, it just makes headaches and extra work for me at this point in my life. When I was younger, I was able to get out and enjoy it, skiing, sledding, snowball fights, riding my 3 wheeler in deep snow, etc., now it just sucks. Did I mention I can't get my boat out of the driveweay, because it is snowed in.

God I can't wait for spring to get here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, That was one of the main reasons I left CT. The SNOW.. I hated it. Driving, shoveling, just the cold in general. Yes, it does get cold here but it doesn't seem to last too long.

Going to be 60 tomorrow with light winds. Going to see if I can catch a few more!
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice warm report as always! Very Happy
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job,..thanks for the pic, looks like it was a great day!!

(Ditto the stuff about hating the cold & the snow as you get older!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: