CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Saltonstall (branford)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NIBRAL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Lake Saltonstall (branford) Reply with quote

Im a new pass holder for Regional Water Authority property and im new to freshwater fishing. Ive caught around 6 2Lb'er Bass some on plastic worms and the rest on topwater frogs.

Im wondering what to use, especially because theres alot of submerged weeds to lose gear on, thats why i use mostly frogs. especially at Supply Pond, it seems like thats the only thing you can use there that wont get lost.

But anyway, what can i use at Saltonstall and what kind of fish can i catch with the gear?

thanks for any info, remember im new to this so any details will help
NIBRAL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, im fishing the shores by the way. the sandy banks and also the west end of the lake where it narrows and has alot of weed beds. i havent rented a boat yet
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you need to bring "Tick Spray" and dress for the bite. Buzz Baits, Jitter Bug, Spook, Texas and Whacky Rigged Senkos and anything else you can Texas Rig. You can expect to catch Bass from shore. Some big ones if lucky. Your gonna need a rod that can cast distance. 7' to 7.5' Medium Fast Action is best. Any rod will do but the farther you cast out there the better your chances of landing a big on on the outside weed edges. And those weeds can get thick.

I only say bass because thats all I target! There are Walleye and Trout in there also but with the rising water temps they are most likely migrating toward deeper water.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot man i appreciate it
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saltonstall is probably one of the best places to fish in CT.

You can rent a boat and electric motor there.....

It's the place to be if you like Walleye.

I've been there few times (mostly hiking and off shore fishing once) and got a bite on texas rigged plastic warm but it escaped.....

the dock is heavly populated with peeps, if you walk towards north/right you will see bunch of fishing spots. We were fishing on the little beach/sand part about .5-1 mile down the the right, there were plenty of weeds.....

Good place to bring a bike if you want to get around fast, but the opposite side of the lake is very steep and mostly ripped up by ATVs/Bikes.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: