CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Waramaug
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kubix1224

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Lake Waramaug Reply with quote

Has anyone here fished lake waramaug in new preston. Or can you even fish? If so hows the ice and whats the fishing like. Looking for a place to go thats small but has good fishing.

Any and all suggestions are very welcome
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 small places I'd recommend are Black Rock Pond, Tyler Lake, and Dog Pond.

Dog Pond has great largemouth, crappie, and pickerel action. Tyler can be tuff but once you find the right spot you'll be into those pickerel and perch with a few bass and trout. Black Rock Pond is a trout park that the state recently stocked with rainbows. Nice place for just jigging.
damage inc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waramaug is not that small. Go to Mt Tom if you want small with variety. Salmon, rainbows, browns, perch, pickerel, walleye, largemouth.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I think Im going to give Mt. Tom a try depending on how much snow we get. Can you use gas augers there or is like ball pond hand augers only? Also I'm looking at parking at boat launch and heading out from there that a good place to start?
damage inc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know you cannot use gas augers. But I've seen people use them. That lake is great but it's tough. You have to put in some hours to accomplish anything. There is no "boat launch" there. The beach is the best place to start. It has a gradual decline from the beach then drops to 25 feet. Great spot for salmon in the winter. Vary your depths. Salmon cruise right under the ice. So you don't have to go too deep for them. Good luck post your results. The middle is deep deep!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks appreciate the advice if I get out there I'll let ya know how I did
moose444

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Mt Tom Reply with quote

Just my humble opinion but Mt. Tom is a tough place to expect action. Our group has spent too many days with only a handful of flags. Granted when the stars align they have unique quality fish. But you may wait a bit to find that niche of time..I pike fish so am used to waiting a looong time for a flag. All in what your mindset is...More action on Waramaug, Tyler, Dog..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: