CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Wateree 12-11-07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish-head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Lake Wateree 12-11-07 Reply with quote

It has been VERY warm here the past couple of days. Record highs of 80 yesterday and today. Very Happy CCCold up there in CT.

I took a day off and went to Wateree. The lake is getting so low that most of the ramps are closed and the 1 that I use is only a foot or 2 deep. Many boats are just sitting on the bank high and dry. lake is down 15ft. Man we need some rain! I started out with LMB and didn't do so well. I think it was actually too nice out. Water temps 55-57.

To save the day I decided to switch to some crappies and I hit the mother load! I wish I had pics of my graph! Fish all the way from top to bottom in 15-20ft over some brush. I stopped counting at 50. Nice ones too. A few cats even hit my little crappie jig.

Finished off the day with a nice 7lb Striper on a rattletrap. Only 1 LMB. sorry, no pics. I was by myself and forgot the camera.

Be careful guys on the ice Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the biggest largie,crappie you've gotten since you've been down there?
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Lake Wateree 12-11-07 Reply with quote

Fish-head wrote:

Be careful guys on the ice Very Happy

Yeah, rub it in!!!!!! Mad Razz Very Happy
Fish-head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevnseat, Nope, no mudfish yet. I'm sure I'll get 1 sooner or later.

Senkobandit, Largest LMB is about 5lbs. It's taking me some time to figure these bass out. There are NO weeds at all, none on the bottom or anywhere for that matter. The lakes are so low that anything growing near the shores is dead and dry.

Biggest crappie is 2lbs or so. Biggest cat about 10lbs. Striper 10lbs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: