CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Winnipesaukee
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaltyVeins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Lake Winnipesaukee Reply with quote

Heading to Winni on a family vacation next week and would love to get some pointers. Staying in the Wolfeboro area. Planning on targeting mostly smallies but might try for some lake trout too. I'll write up a report when I get back.

Brian
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go there twice a year. Memorial Day weekend, and then the weekend before Labor Day. At this point I would say drop shotting would be the way to go. I always go with my uncle so I honestly can't say which spots we hit. Enjoy Wolfeboro though. It is such a cool little town. My daughter loves Blacks store. It has a bit of everything there.
tjb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: nh lake winni Reply with quote

I'm up for race. Go to merrideth town docks use small worms catch small perch cast the perch out deep and hold on. I catch 5 to 6 pound smallies every year. If I knew how to post pic I would [/i]
SaltyVeins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did quite a bit of fishing throughout the week. On the whole I did okay, but I didn't wind up with anything too exciting size-wise. It was surprising how good the action was when I got there, but then it really seemed to shut off.

The first evening I was there I saw tons of surface action. Caught a couple smallies on a small zara spook. Same thing the following morning. Later in the week I went out with my uncle who fishes in tournaments on the lake and caught my biggest smallie of the week, 2.67 lbs, on the spook. Otherwise I did alright with a drop shot rig, grubs, and jigs. Had fun with the sunnies and rock bass around our dock. Went after largemouth one morning up further in some of the coves. Best was 2.65 lbs on a spinnerbait. Tried jigging and trolling for lake trout with the downrigger with no luck. Watched some check out the lure on the fish finder but no takers.

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: