CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Wintergreen - 9/23/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbrown815

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Lake Wintergreen - 9/23/11 Reply with quote

Was supposed to meet up with a buddy from work to go fishing...ended up pouring as we left so we called it off.

At about 6 pm it seemed to be only sprinkling outside so I said what the hell. Stopped at Walmart on the way for a poncho(wise purchase...it started raining harder later) and headed for the lake.

Got there probably around 6:20 or so. Set up with my new Rapala Minnow-Rap and threw a few casts. Nothing for about 30 minutes. The rain seemed to make the water clearer than it normally is.

Spotted what looked like a 2 foot long bullhead. Thought it was a submerged branch until I spooked it. No luck there.

Moved spots a little bit and threw a cast. HIT! Ended up snagging about a foot long largemouth bass. You guys probably chuckle but it made my night. Haven't caught anything but crappies out of the lake so glad to know something is in there that I caught.

All in all a good week. Picked up a new spinning reel and rod combo, some assorted lures and supplies, found a possible fishing buddy at work, and got promoted at work (don't say anything, it hasn't been announced yet. You know who you are Wink)
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to chuckle about...you're catching fish after all. Nice job!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the promotion and, more importantly, the largemouth bass! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the promotion. Now you can buy a lot more fishing supplies and that kayak! Let's get back to that lake and catch that catfish! Gotta post a pic next time.
jbrown815

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the wellwishes and congratulations. I tried taking a pic...damn touchscreen phone wouldn't work in the rain. haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: