CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Lake X controversy!!!!! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Lake X controversy!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi All!

OK! Looks like we have some members who just don't get it!

I went thru the site and pulled up many many posts of members who (without question) move to this forum because of the consistant and aggrevating Lake X posts on other forums.

The reason and success of this forum is because the sportsmen and sportswomen here are open and willing to share their information with other members, AND this includes indicating the waters they fish.

The DEP makes their weekly report of where, what, and when fishing is productive.
Professional Guides will tell you the same or go out of buisness.
Local bait and tackle shops also do the same or they'd be out of buisness if they told their customers -> " Oh the fish are biting at Lake X but I can't tell you where that is!"

To those that insist on making Lake X reports -> It is very very annoying, disrespectfull to the honest and open sports men/women of this forum, extremely childish, and flat out total crap and BS Exclamation

SR, SJ, BS, PeCo, Turtlekiss, DV, BT, DD, others and I (SeaDog1) have all made posts/pictures telling our fellow forum members where, when, and what we used during our fishing outtings.

It's still up to the individual fisherman to use his or hers techniques and skills to catch the fish.

Sooooo! To all those that still haven't or don't care to attained the title of "SPORTSMAN/WOMAN", -> Just don't make your imature posts.

Again!!! This is exactly why we on this forum left the other forums because of the Lake X, Y, or Z - BS postings.

My Dad, Grandfather, Uncles, and friends were all good sportsmen and willing, even eager, to pass on any and all information that would help others to be better fishermen.
THAT IS THE MARK OF A REAL SPORTSMAN or WOMAN Exclamation

IT'S TIME YOU LAKE X POSTERS -> GROW UP Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1
Nickp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but ill scream lake x till I die. Im the one out there figureing it out for me to know. Not the whole world.

IMO a report with me saying "Catching fish off of rock in 5-6fow on a windblown shoreline on a tube" is applicable to a TON of ponds/lakes. The information provided in that sentence is far more valuable then me saying "I fished lake beseck today and heres a 4lber."
Nickp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I checked people used to make reports on here detailed like that only to find other members or lurkers posted up on there favorite pond/lakes only point only to come home and see there report for his/her honeyhole..... If you cant deal with the lake x because its b/s, then your not getting the point. I have no problem posting up thorough reports of exactly what I caught fish on lure wise, cover wise, water temp, water color, depth etc. Want some gps points to?
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nickp!

Hmmmm? OK Nick!

Go back over PeCo, Turtlekiss, and others recent fishing posts and you'll see their posts of -> EXACTLY! where and when they fished + what they were using!

Recent Example: -> PeCo and Turtlekiss fishing Black Pond.
****No facts hidden or deception on their part!****
Both of them can truly be call a Sportsman and Sportswoman!!!!

Even the Moderators of this forum, have mabe it very clear, that they dislike intensely, members posting Lake X reports.

Don't belive me! - SEND THEM A PM AND ASK THEM YOURSELF WHAT THEY THINK Exclamation

The founder of this forum left other fishing forums and started this forum because of individuals, such as you, posting Lake X reports.

Go ahead! -> ASK him! -> Don't take my word for it! -> Get your answer straight from the horse's mouth Exclamation

Also -> PM any of the other members and ask them what they think of your ridiculous and childish Lake X posts!!!!

WHAT A SURPRISE AND EDUCATION -> YOUR GOING TO GET Exclamation

SeaDog1

PS: By the way -> Do you watch any of the Bass, Trout and other Fishing shows?
Guess what!!! -> The Pros even tell you right on TV Where, When, and What!
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: My two cents. . . . Reply with quote

SeaDog1 put it a little more forcefully or stridently than I would have, but I agree with him. I enjoy sharing information about fishing in Connecticut with other fishermen. Without this site, I might never have fished on many of the lakes and rivers that I've enjoyed over the past year.

As DirtyDawg10 always says, you can tell someone where, when and how to catch a fish, but it's still up to them to catch one. Today I was fishing with Dawg on the same lake, at the same time and throwing the same lures, but he did much better than I. It doesn't bother me in the least that he caught the big perch and I didn't. I'm thrilled that he got it.

Here's something that I've noticed. Perhaps the maturity level has something to do with having raised kids. Narcissistic tendencies diminish once you've had one. I've noticed that most of the Lake X guys are younger and, I would bet, childless.

My hypothesis aside (sorry, my undergraduate degree was in behavioral science), in my opinion Lake X reports are silly or immature at best and selfish or pathetic at worst. If you don't want to share information, please go sit at the kids' table. You're not ready to sit with the grownups yet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil!

Thanks for the back-up Buddy!
Well said Exclamation

SeaDog1
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nickp!

Just for your info -> Go to River Reports and find the post " New Guy here and a question of concern??" about 2/3 way down.
Posted: August 26, 2010

This guy "OldeFriend" made a Lake X post.
READ! The replys from the Moderator and Members of this forum Exclamation

Maybe you'll learn something Exclamation

SeaDog1
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont give lake X reports but I dont see the big deal if somebody does it every once in a while, i certainly dont see the need for you to be such a dick about it and cause all this drama on here. Whats more, dont ever put me in any group that includes yourself. I have met, fished with and thouroughly enjoy the company of Nick and PECO, DD, TK and anybody else on this site besides you. Why is it that most of the drama around here revolves around you? Is it really neccesary to attack a fisherman posting on here just cuz he put up a lake X report once in two years? Who's the immature one here? really, there are better things you can be doing with your time im sure....
On twenty-pound test "
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one holds a gun to anyone's head and makes people put info up on this site. I think what is trying to be said here is post your report with all the info you can provide. If you don't plan to list where you fished then what's the point of posting at all? Just don't post and no one will comment. It's great that you caught those large bass at Beseck?..I think that's where you went...but as Phil pointed out you still have to catch the fish. Phil and I both fished Beseck the next day and didn't come up with anywhere near the size LMBs you guys caught. The info is about 1/8 of the solution to the problem the rest of the 7/8 is a combination of skill and luck IMO. The ratio of that 7/8 could be different every time you fish. Sometimes you just get lucky and sometimes your skills pay off. When both happen at the same time is when you bring the big bag to the scales. JMHO.
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your missing the point. Telling you exactly how I catch fish is 1000x better then knowing what lake I caught them at. Afterall, its applicable at every lake in the world where we pursue bass. So shove it up your ass, all your doing is pushing away fisherman with something to share because you want to know where. I've taken a few of the guys out from the site and tourney fished or fun fished and I'm pretty sure I've showed them all a trick or two to apply to there favorite lakes/honeyholes so don't assume I'm selfish, asshole. I don't have kids. That's irrelevant. Go put the time in fishing lakes and figure out the good ones and when there good for yourself. That's what everyone else has to do. I've spent tons of money on gas fishing all over trying to figure it out for my self, something to be pround of. Exactly why every good fisherman that used to post here is gone, including chuck, ryan, john, and countless others who are not even anywhere near your league of mediocrity.
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true...I thought I was an awesome fisherman until I fished a tourney with Nick(to be honest i think the Silver Lake Ice out was humbling for everybody), but that where I learned exactly what a mediocre angler I was and that there is so much more than texas rigging some plastics. He also taught me a thing or two about jiggin...that day was school for me....Thanks Nick BTW.
On twenty-pound test "
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!

Well -> Let's get our priorities straight!

This forum was formed and has grown because the members where annoyed and tired of reading Lake X reports on other fishing forms.

The members of Ct. Fish Talk have set a presidence by holding to their belife that any forum is there to share ideas, skills, techniques and significant information concerning our favorite past time.

The "Moral High Ground", as set by the members of this forum by their posts, never to be deceptive or secretive.

Isn't that WHY everyone enjoys this forum site -> OF COURSE IT IS Exclamation

That is why "WE" jumped all over "Oldefriend" for his, for lack of a better word, offensive post.

WE as members have consistantly adhered to the fact that we do not like or want Lake X reports posted because they are deceptive, secretive, and offensive.

"Bass Sniper" -> I was proud of you for having stepped up to the plate and stated your objection to "Oldefriend's post".
You held to the high ground -> But NOW you've "Backwatered" and said that a Lake X report is OK once in a while to post.
YOU ARE SO WRONG Exclamation
You broke your faith with this forum and its members by talking one game out one side of your mouth and then talking another game out the other side!
BAD FORM !

Did I jump all over Nickp for his Lake X post -> YES Exclamation
WHY? Because he broke what all of us have consistantly objected to!

The main point is -> We, as members of this forum, object to ANY Lake X reports being posted. If not, then this forum will wind up like all those other forums that do -> And this forum goes down the TOILET Exclamation

DD is right on the money! Catching fish is and always be in the skill and knowledge of the one holding a fishing rod.

Promoting and passing on to others (especialy the youngsters) their fishing knowledge is why this forum is very popular and successful!

Allowing, even ONE, Lake X report posted, denegrates the standards the members of this forum have set not to be deceptive or secretive!

I for one, -> WILL continue to make my fishing reports on WHERE, WHEN, WHAT, and HOW Exclamation

Am I calling the kettle black here -> DAM RIGHT I AM Exclamation

Stick to your guns guys -> Keep making your honest and open reports because you know its RIGHT Exclamation

DECEPTION and SECRETIVENESS should never ever be tolerated on this wonderful forum!

Best regards,
SeaDog1
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eat shit dude...
On twenty-pound test "
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BS!

Truth HURTS doesn't it Exclamation

Oh! Back to the garbage mouth AGAIN Exclamation
Thought you promised not to do that! -> Knowing we have kids viewing this forum Exclamation

SeaDog1
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My objection on this posts is not that somebody should or shouldnt be able to post a lake X report, rather that you are a dickhead who takes the policing of this forum onto himself....You are not the voice of the people on this forum, certainly not me, and you lumped me into your origional post here barading this fisherman....Get off that high horse and onto a lake...
On twenty-pound test "
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: