CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Buy, Sell and Trade – Classifieds
Viewing Topic: LAWN TRACTOR PARTS?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: LAWN TRACTOR PARTS? Reply with quote

I have a 1998 Craftsman lawn tractor; 19 1/2 hp twin cyl. Briggs&Stratton engine. I need a carburetor. Anyone have one or know where you can buy USED. If I pay the $155.00 they want for new I will break out in a rash! thanks cmorjoe
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the problem with the old one? You can probably get an overhaul kit for it from NAPA and make it good as new! Carb overhaul kits usually cost very little! Wink
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with cmorjoe. You can usually rebuild a carb on the cheap or just take it apart and clear the hell out of it.

Briggs are pretty standard engines, there should be a ton of stuff out there for it. Grab the part number off the carb and search on that.

Found this site for ya:
http://jackssmallengines.com/carb_b.cfm
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Done deal! Reply with quote

I sent the tractor into the shop and had a carb installed (I am mechanicaly challenged) so I didn't want to make things worse than they already were. Thanks anyway for the advice I figure the rash I got for paying to get it fixed should go away by Christmas. HA HA cmorjoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sell and Trade – Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: