CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Light Action Fun 8/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Light Action Fun 8/12 Reply with quote

Low tide for Wednesday was scheduled for 4:35 and arrived at the honey hole just before dead low. Winds were a steady 5 to 10 southwest with a few 12 to 15 mph gusts, skies were partly cloudy, air was nice, and there was a chance for a passing shower or thunderstorm. Moon was 7%.

The winds were making it hard on casting and using certain lures, so I stuck with the XRW-13 but never had any swirls or explosions.

Later is when Dan came. He only got 2 explosions by what he said seemed to have been tail swipes by smaller stripers.

Winds eventually died making the surface better for other topwaters but we still didn't get into anything else.

Once the tide got too high to be staying at the honey hole, I was gonna head out to Fayerweather until I noticed how nice the conditions were along the beach.

Waded in the water along the beach and started throwing topwater but niente. Seeing there's been so much small bait all over the place recently, I switched over to a chrome FLR-10, which resulted in tons of sea robins as the evening went on.

Police came by to tell everybody to leave once it was 8:30

Total was over 10 sea robins. 1 hit I had was one of those quick, hard "pecks" like a fluke. Retrieve was fast and steady. Sea robins were all over the place chasing tons of small bait.

If the blues and stripers aren't cooperating and there's plenty of small bait around on a summer day, go light to have fun with sea robins. They sure do pull on 10 pound braid and a 7 footer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: