CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Lilly / Zoar 4/3/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Lilly / Zoar 4/3/14 Reply with quote

Planned on fishing Lilly today only to find Pond Brook Cove Launch looking like this!

Not launching there. Headed to Zoar. Threw Jigs and Lipless Cranks and not one bite. Notta. Water temps are still averaging 38/40 degs. Spotted excellent bait balls on the fish finder but couldn't get the bass to hit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Fish report Lilly 4/6/14 Reply with quote

Water is back up and temps in the low 40's. Couldn't find any pike although they may be spawning, but good numbers of crappies, yellows, and whites on live bait and some on plastic baits. Fish were stacked up all together.
x182dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that really shows how shitty the launch really is. There is no drop off until your over halfway across

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x182dan wrote:
Wow that really shows how shitty the launch really is. There is no drop off until your over halfway across

Although the cove is fairly narrow across from the ramp, the launch really isn't bad when the water is at the typical level.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
x182dan wrote:

Although the cove is fairly narrow across from the ramp, the launch really isn't bad when the water is at the typical level.

I dont know how often you fish there but I have seen plenty of people have issues. I never have had any issues because my bass boat doesn't need much to float off and you probably wouldn't either. However other boats struggle sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to worry anymore. Regular launch off 133 is up and running. Even if the lake is down you will have plenty of launch left.
rvolkers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: good launch Reply with quote

i have been launching from this ramp for a few years - it is really not bad - i have seen some problems BUT most of them were from folks who were NOT in a hurry and had little knowledge of how things go at a ramp! BUT when the water is low it can be a bit tricky! IF THERE was any plus to this ramp the channel into the ramp has saved me many a crappy day out on the big lake! the channel should be fished on the way out and on the way in! -- THERE are some great fishing spots on either side! -- and some nice fish to be had!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: