CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Little Narragansett Bay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8cas

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Little Narragansett Bay Reply with quote

I read about Little Narragansett Bay on the CT/RI border as one of the top 15 hotspots for kayak fishing in North America! This was in Adventure Kayak's 2007 Special Edition of Kayak Angler magazine.

Here's the blurb:

"STALKING BIG ONES IN THE BACKWATERS"

Little Narragansett Bay, Connecticut

Little Narragansett Bay in Mystic County, Connecticut, is a sheltered, saltwater network of estuaries, backwaters and weed beds that's choked with striped bass. In the lagoons near Stonington, kayak anglers can stalk trophy stripers in three to four feet of water. "The stripers pool up in these backwaters where bigger boats can't get in," says local guide Jerry Sparks. Fishing is the best on an incoming tide, ideally between daybreak and noon

What's Biting: Striped bass and the odd bluefish

Season: June - October"

Now I've never fished for Blues or Stripers let alone on my Hobie Revolution kayak. I was wondering if anybody has fished these lagoons for stripers and if they had any helpful information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: