CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Local Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aj1986

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Local Pond Reply with quote

A few months back my friend and i decided to take a ride to this pond about a mile and a half away from my house. We had never fished it, never even really noticed it was there. Went and fished from shore for about 20 min and in that time i caught 2 bass, one about 2lbs and one about 4lbs. Iv gone back there many times now with my brother on the canoe and have landed alot of bass, many over 4lbs and hooked into one that looked to be about 6-7lbs and 22-24 inches. didnt get to see much of it as it snapped the line. only time we saw it was when it jumped 2+ft out of the water to throw the rubber frog half way across the pond. Iv never seen a bass jump that high shaking its head so much but that frog flew 40-50ft. I love ponds that no one really knows about and you can go there for an hour and catch 4-5 bass all over 3lbs and a bunch of 1-2lbers. Found out bright colored spinner baits work the best in the deeper parts (witch are only about 10ft) and rubber top water frogs work the best everywhere else.

Its a smaller pond and i know there are some monsters in there because the guy that lives there said hes seen many 6+ pounders caught there. Cant wait to ice fish it Smile
brandon72801

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'll ask the obvious, where is this pond?
live bait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is what i would like to know Laughing
Aj1986

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its in suffield, i went there this morning and got a couple bass, saw the biggest snapper that iv ever seen too. The pond is gettin overgrown and in the shallower parts with all the weeds grew alot, theres some crazy looking seaweed stuff in there now that looks like clouds underwater.too. but fishing in the long weeds is the best, some places are so overgrown so theres no fish in it but when you run a top water frog over the wholes where bass can sit its awsome to see the huge hits. Also i think this pond contains about 20% of the painted turtle population of the state, everywhere you look on shore, or in the long weeds all you see are turtles. the only places you dont see them are in the deeper areas. and some of them are huge for a painted turtle.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Padawan Reply with quote

To paraphrase Yoda:

Share or do not share. There is no Lake X. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would but i have no idea the name of it, its just on some guys yard/farm on the suffield/agawam line, like i said i didnt even really notice it was there till a month or 2 ago
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

Aj1986

Just bustin' your chops! Very Happy

I could see from the satellite map of Suffield that there are tons of little unnamed ponds out there.

Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: