CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Looking for a Shimano Citica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey5string

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Looking for a Shimano Citica Reply with quote

Looking for a Shimano Citica baitcasting reel.

I got my first bait caster a few months ago and I am ready to get another, something better. Right now I have a Abu Garcia combo I got from Dicks for like $80-100.

Ive read a lot of good reviews about the Citica series and I wanted to see if I could pick up a used one before I shelled out the $ for a new one.

thanks
mike
Megaman

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: citica... Reply with quote

EBAY is your best bet/best price .....citicas are a DIME a dozen, very easy to find, even the older versions....happy shopping...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just picked one up a few weeks ago and love it!!! it was my first baitcast reel and haven't had any issues with it at all. i suprised how fast i figured it out after hearing horror stories about them!
mikey5string

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one yesterday and I love it. Amazing how much better it feels than my $100 abu combo. I already want another one. I got a sellus crankbait rod because I have a heavier jig rod with the abu. Id like to get another citica and a jiggin or worm rod.
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got daiwas , abu and pfugers!! and the pfuger patriarch xts are hands down the best reel I've ever used beats the hell out of the More expensive reels like the steez and Abu Mgx ! And they only weigh 6 oz !Tho they stoped making them last year but u can still find them on line best bait caster I've ever used so I bought 4 And if I had more money I'd get more for when mine break

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a citica e and now a g series. The e is a better value if you can find one. The g's aren't as smooth. If you can swing it the curado e series is also very nice. But for what the revo s is selling for(close out) its a good bargain under $100 bucks. If you can catch a BPS sale, The pro qualifier is a good bang for the buck reel as well.

Can't catch em sittin on the sofa! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: