CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Looking for info Silver lake Berlin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Looking for info Silver lake Berlin Reply with quote

Anyone been out to silver lake off the turnpike lately? whats the water condition like has the weeds locked the place in yet or is it still fishable I did notice nobodys made post on it lately

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've only diven by a couple times in the last couple weeks, but it looked pretty decent from the road. You can see it pretty clearly from the Berlin Tpk. It's not really a over heavily fished spot Bob, more idiots in rec. boats I believe. There's a couple guys on here that say they do pretty well with the toads or floating frogs this time fo year. Supposed to be sone decent fish in there. Good luck if you go, and post results. It's only a few miles from me, only been there once last fall, got a couple that's about it.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i use to go there in the past been looking for someplace close for a run to spot at night this place use to jam up pretty heavy with salad let ya know how we do

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live very close to it, I heard it's over flooded with weeds - worse than last year. I went there twice this year earlier in the year but it wasn't too bad. The problem is I believe the light winter hurt. Definitely a fun place for topwater action.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you been bye there lately sap last week or so ?

If you find yourself in the area give it a look over for me will ya hate to drag the boat up there just to make chop salad Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live 2 minutes down the road from silver lake but have only been there twice this year because the weeds look worse than last year. I have also noticed a lot less fishermen than usual.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bow ....ya I was afaid of that it gets worse and worse every year ....ill save my gas and bypass the place for now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that. Drove by today, definitely a salad lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely save your gas to go some place worth fishing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: