CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: looking for some aluminum welding ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: looking for some aluminum welding ? Reply with quote

anyone know where i can get some decent priced aluminum welding done to my boat and maybe a custom aluminum kicker bracket and trolling motor bracket ?

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that not all aluminum's are a weldable alloy. And the thinner it is, the more difficult to weld it can be. I have 2 boats of aluminum, one I have tried to weld, the other there is no way I'll even try due to it being so thin. I ended up patching with overlap patches and epoxy and rivets.

And I'm a fairly experienced welder.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a all weld tracker grizzly Jon boat it's .100 gauge aluminum Just need a weld rewelded it's starting to crack and I just want to fix it so it doesn't get worse but it was like that when I bought it ! I'm on my second season with it and it hasn't gotten any worse Yet !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive used the alumnum sodering rods for makeing parts for my boat there hot S*it item made girders with them and may other parts they work great so long as the parts your joining arnt to thin got some joints on my boat going on 15 years and they havent poped or seperated yet....if its only a couple small parts that need to be joined I still have rods left could give you a hand with it drop me a pm if your interested in trying the stuff out if you want the link for them ill pull the container out tomorow and get addi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah shur I'd like to know what the stuffs called Whenever you get a chance thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url] http://durafix.com/ [/url]

this is the stuff if you read the youtube reveiws theres mixed responces but from my experiance with it im definatly a lover of this product and just to be clear its not a weld its more of a soder joint but its a strong joint if you clean the surface properly ive got brackets I built in my boat going on 15 years old that are the same as first day I did them.

If you need help makeing what you need your more than welcome to come to my home workshop ill give ya a hand with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you from? I have a guy that does awesome work.
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Meriden ! Where's your guy located ?

Last edited by SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!! on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in farmington
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: