CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: love /hate summer Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tmac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: love /hate summer Reply with quote

Is it just me but when summer comes around my fishing just goes down hill I love to fish but the summer just makes it very uncomfortable, I just bake and always end up fishing alone cause I cant drag my boys fishing in 90 plus degree weather they just wont do it,its kinda a pain in the ass to charge boat get rods ready when I know im going to be off the water around 9:30am I want the 70 degree days back so I can put in a 2 lake day,anyway maybe im being a wuss cause in Florida they have no choice but to fish in the heat, let me know if you have similar feelings toward the heat,or give me a good kick in the @## and let me know im a wuss, lol
Jerryinct

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Launch early off the water early. Enjoy the red hot topwater bite. It's a bit challenging but I focus on deeper water after the topwater bite ends. Remember a bad day of fishing beats a good day at work.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definately makes it uncomfortable fishing in 90 plus heat with high humidity. But if you want to get out of the house you have to grin and bear it.

Like was previously said, get on the water early, in the dark and get on the topwater bite until the sun comes up. Then when it starts to get hot, and the sun is overhead, skip baits under docks, under pontoon boats, and into really thick pads and weed beds. The bass will use these places to get out of the sun, they use the dark and shady areas to ambush prey and stay cool. They will also go to deeper weed beds, and deeper outside weed edges to find cooler water.

Then around mid day, when it gets nasty hot, load up and head for home. Then crack open a cold brew, and jump in the pool.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR, you could take up fishing the salt. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked some days i'm out there with a hoodie on. Very Happy

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Tmac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah I know how to catch um but something about the heat makes me lazy,and I usually dont want to tie anything new on to ajust to the new pattern
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had a boat, I would either fish from 4:30am till about 9am or fish from 6:30PM till 9ish. I found the bite usually sucks between 9am - 6:30 PM.

I agree with mud, on the dog days of summer, fishing the ocean is the way to go, it is very seldom you don't have a breeze to cool you off. Fishing from a 40 - 60' sport fish with an air conditioned cabin in the canyons is also nice when you need to get out of the sun to cool off.

Justin
shaggs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a boat...I spent yesterday walking the q river path south of hanover pond in meriden...

Gawd it was muggy...some of the spots I wanted to hit I weren't accessible...got hung up in trees....

so yeah....you have a boat and don't have to exert as much energy as us shore walkers.

If you need motivation to get out send me a pm...I am a 3rd shifter so I am up all night into morning. I don't go to sleep until 11am-noon.

I am selling my bike next year and getting me a boat...
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tmac,

Your not alone.. I've been trying to go early or later just to beat the heat.

Then the wife says "Honey! Let's go on the boat" To her, that means she will be under the sun shade we purchased for the bass boat and I'm baking under the sun.

But it's still better than being at work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterRon wrote:
Tmac,

Then the wife says "Honey! Let's go on the boat" To her, that means she will be under the sun shade we purchased for the bass boat and I'm baking under the sun.

Ohhhh you poor thing!! I bet you're not complaining too much when the wife is rubbing Noxema Cold Cream all over your body later. Wink Very Happy
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ lollll
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
SkeeterRon wrote:
Tmac,

Ohhhh you poor thing!! I bet you're not complaining too much when the wife is rubbing Noxema Cold Cream all over your body later. Wink Very Happy

Wayyyy more imagery than I require!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Old Mud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:
SkeeterJim wrote:
SkeeterRon wrote:
Tmac,

Wayyyy more imagery than I require!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

HA HAAAAAA Not me !!! Got Pics. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

OH WAIT, Olive Oil is much better. Very Happy Very Happy

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every winter when it's about 15 degrees and the wind is blowing the snow around,.....I swear that I will never complain about it being too hot in the summer! (That works about 90% of the time! Rolling Eyes )

And yes Tmac,..at your age you are being a wuss!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

(Wear a bathing suit and just jump in the water for a quick dip every couple of hours and you'll have no trouble staying out there! Wink )
Tmac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: hahaha Reply with quote

you guys are too funny,that wife rubbing cream all over me comment gave me a good idea for that night thanks johnny Very Happy
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Jim, Crying or Very sad

Your just jealous that I have a HOT wife that is 10 years younger then me!.. Shocked Very Happy Wink

BTW, it's not cold cream, it's Utter Cream for my Budda belly.
Idea

Now try and get that mental picture out of your head.

Link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: