CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: low tide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tav1

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: low tide Reply with quote

gonna try and hit the haddem area in the morning .....low is at 10:45 am ? and high is at 4:15 or so ...is that a good tide to fish? what might be a good bait ? sand worms chunk bait ect... is there a possibllity of smallies out there?

catch and release...#1 priority

we all live down stream once in a while and walking on water is a rush.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. In Haddam, tomorrow, low tide will be at 10:37 am and high tide will be at 4:14 pm, according to NOAA.

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/noaatidepredictions/NOAATidesFacade.jsp?Stationid=8463582

On the Connecticut River, I prefer the outgoing tide, although I'm not sure how the tides affect the striped bass bite.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving water is the key to unlocking the secrets of the River. If the tide is going out start down river and work your way north. Then vise versa. I won't say my favorite tide because you need to figure out when and where that suits you. Every predatory fish, even including bluegill in the River, will position itself to have the best opportunity for food while spending as little energy as possible. Whenever you're on the River or any tidal body of water for that matter, think to yourself, if I was a hungry fish, where would I sit to catch food? When you fish the River with that mindset, you'll catch more fish than anyone else will! Guaranteed!

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: