CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lower Bolton Lake 09/18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Lower Bolton Lake 09/18 Reply with quote

I went to Cabela's for a while after I left Mansfield Hollow Lake this morning, but still had more time to kill, so I decided to head over to the Bolton Lakes. I had intended to park between Upper Bolton Lake and Middle Bolton Lake, and probably fish Upper Bolton Lake, but as I drove past Lower Bolton Lake on Route 44, I saw the brown sign for the boat launch ramp and couldn't stop myself from turning into the parking lot. It was still sunny, cool and windy. The wind blew from the north over the entire length of the lake and straight to the ramp. I spoke with a fisherman who was coming off of the water. He said that he and his partner had boated six fish, three largemouth bass and three chain pickerel, but all of the fish were small. They had hit spinnerbaits and a Rat-L-Trap that were swum over weeds on the bottom of the lake. I launched at 12:30 pm and headed toward the west shore, where there were some beds of tall reeds and the water appeared to be somewhat shielded from the wind. The water along the entire west shore is very shallow. As I paddled up the shore, I threw mostly a spinnerbait and a buzzbait at it. I also threw a wacky rigged Senko. I didn't get so much as a nibble. When I reached the northeast corner of the lake, I saw where the water from Middle Bolton Lake flows into Lower Bolton Lake. I headed west across the base of the dam, but still got nothing. By this time I had to leave, so I tied on a silver Rapala Shallow Shad Rap SSR7 and trolled it straight toward the ramp. before I got out of the super shallows in the north end of the lake, I got a hit from a small chain pickerel. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to loosen the drag on my reel before I began trolling and ripped the lure out of its mouth. Right after I loosened up the drag and began trolling again, I got another hit and boated a tiny chain pickerel:

At least I got the skunk off of my boat! Rolling Eyes I got off of the water at 2:30 pm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: