spoons and tins
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atkins wrote:
over 200 views and only 20 votes? more people need to join the site, its free,

I didn't vote. Multiple choice is the wrong format for a question that will have very specific answers. Topwater lures are my favorites...frogs, mice, buzzbaits, torpedoes and poppers. My next choice would be "worm" but a 4" dropshot worm is a lot diferent from the monster worms I prefer.
If you want to catch fish, throw on a senko.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
atkins

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to put a bunch on, more specific but, i went over the limit. "worm" pretty meant any non senko, cigaresque shaped soft plastic, more of the curly tail variety. I just think there is a lot of visitor traffic on the site and would be more fun if more people signed up.
toptech

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jig off your list...but u forgot one of the best ways to hook fish in CT....Dropshot...

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I catch most of my bass on senko (I use the yum dingers mostly) type plastics so that was my vote but in honesty my favorite is anything topwater.
Boomatt

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atkins wrote:
I tried to put a bunch on, more specific but, i went over the limit. "worm" pretty meant any non senko, cigaresque shaped soft plastic, more of the curly tail variety. I just think there is a lot of visitor traffic on the site and would be more fun if more people signed up.

Ive been a lurker for a while, time to join i guess...

I voted for in-line spinners. I consistently nail bass around the edges of weeds with them. Oldy but goody.

My favorite lure, however, is the Rebel crickhopper(s). These stupid things just catch fish... Any fish, any where. Cast it in and let it sit for about 10 seconds... Somethng will swipe at it on top of the water. If you dont set the hook right then, just twitch the rod a few times while medium retrieving then pause and repeat.

I fish pachaug all the time and nave had zero luck with everything this year ( senkos, cranks, frogs, plugs, tins............). i threw this thing on my light weight spinning set up and... BAM!!! Fourth cast right off the docks at the campground on the southern of Pachaug, 3lb 5oz. Largey.

You wont cast these far but find some grass and you'll get some bass.

Edit: turtlekiss, you'd have fun with these, the fish fly out of the water to grab these
hoppy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRUSHOG!!!
atkins

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Boomatt, one of my friends swears by the hopper for bass, Nice job nabbing a big one with it. I once caught a 3 lb'r with a curly tail, that had an ant its mouth..
Ill have to try using the inlines more.
mep21

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of brushogs for sure, but I think my favorite one to use is a frog. It's a challenge sometimes setting the hook, but running it across the pads and weeds waiting for that explosion is quite fun. I used one on the Bantam River this past weekend with some success.
atkins

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im working on getting the frog going, really gets your heart going seeing the whole action evolve, just working on the patience part.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

top water is most fun for me however most productive for me is Magnum lizards from zoom, senkos, and spinnerbaits

Just one more cast...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: