CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Lyme Disease - Ticks all around me! Updated 2013
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Lyme Disease - Ticks all around me! Updated 2013 Reply with quote

After all we are in the state which named those damn things...

Anyone pull out a tick yet from fishing?
I got one last week that was in me for a few days...
I didnt even know it... My girlfriend noticed it on my back.
The Damn thing was almost all the way in! Got it out, took 2 Doxycycline the next afternoon.

I hope that got anything that may infect me.

Im hittin the shower now, just got back from a little backwoods bass fishing with little luck i might add... Sad

Just one more cast...

Last edited by admin on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
bigbeave1

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god no i cant stand those things now you got me thinking they are crawling on me thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those little basssturds are all over here. I constantly have to pick them off my dog.. and one was on the hood of my car today Confused Just glad they aren't on me yet. Everyone be extra careful.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey: Just wanted to say NO ticks where I fish !!! LOL. Smile
WOOLF fish, DOGfish, Sharks but no TICKS! Smile

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
JohnnyTep

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Mud wrote:
Hey: Just wanted to say NO ticks where I fish !!! LOL. Smile
WOOLF fish, DOGfish, Sharks but no TICKS! Smile

Luckyyy Razz
JESTERJACKSON

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find them on my dog all the time
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well here we are here another year, and i finally got lyme disease. I knew it was bound to happen Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I never had a bullseye, or rash from the bite.

Guys do you best to protect yourself out there. I feel like there is nothing we can really do though. I think the ticks around where i live actually live off of deep woods spray Laughing

I just started my 21 days of antibiotics. Dr. told me i should feel 100% better in 3-4 days. My symptoms are muscle aches in legs and lower back. minor joint pain, bad stiff neck, low grade fever (100.4) and overall tiredness, fatigue.

When are they going to come up with a vaccine for this damn annoying disease???? My dr. told me they tried once and gave it to a bunch of people, but it didnt work too well so they took it off the market.

oh wel... do you best to check yourself when your out in the woods or even your backyard...

Here are some stats on Lyme:

Just one more cast...
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel Better L.D is the suck of sucks

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just finished the antibiotics last monday.when i got it i thought i was comming down with a cold from the grandkids,WRONG.i was wishing i was dead with in 2 weeks
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: update 2013 Reply with quote

since the last time I posted on this topic in 2008 I was pulling ticks out of me left and right.... I even took doxy a few times... Well... It looks like regardless of the attempts at avoiding Chronic Lyme.... I have officially succeeded at getting full blown Lyme along with a co-infection. I have been feeling off since the end of Feb. and it started hitting me hard with very bad brain fog, memory loss and an overall feeling of not being myself. Both forearms and hands went numb with pins and needles, very sore feet, legs, back, hips, blurred vision, seek, seeing spots, increased anxiety, major fatigue and more....

I did another round of doxy for 6 weeks and it didn't help. My regular doc told me to take a vacation as it may just be stress... Well, I knew it was more than that. I am a young healthy guy with tons of drive and motivation.... This was not me.... Needless to say, I did my research and found a lyme literate dr in Hyde Park, NY. Dr. Horowitz.

long story short: after 20 vials of blood and a 4 hour dr visit with him. Further blood work showed positive for Lyme disease and a co infection of Babesia. My original Dr did a lyme tider test which showed negative. I now know that these tests are 60% inaccurate because they only test for 2 strains of the Lyme. My Lyme Dr. sent my blood to Igenix labs in CA where they test for all bands / strains of lyme and other co-infections such as Anaplasmosis, Erlichia, bartonelia, etc etc...

I am about 3 weeks into a vigorous treatment of antibiotics and anti parasite meds along with a yeast free, sugar free, dairy free, anti-inflammatory diet. I also was given herbal supplements to help open up all the detox pathways and also boost my immune system and build up my gut with probiotics to keep my system strong.

With all that said - I am seeing a slow improvement with many ups and downs.... lots of days in bed. Its long road and more and more everyday I met or hear of people struggling like me.... Even with worse symptoms such as blindness, going deaf, wheelchairs etc.... Watch the movie Under our skin. You can watch it on you tube or hulu....

Just one more cast...
dogfishhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for ya man, I caught the Lyme 2 years ago and it was some painful stuff. My bad knee swelled up like a softball and I could hardly move it.

Luckily I noticed it was not right and went to the doc who did a blood work test and confirmed Lyme disease. A month of antibiotics and I was back to normal.

I actually did a report on Lyme disease in high school and I recognized that if not treated soon enough it can get ugly so here's hoping you get on a quick path to recovery...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you the best of luck in getting better and hope you will be out of pain ASAP
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man... Crazy stuff.... Today I had some more intense symptoms... Sucks when you cant leave the house..... Any others out these suffering?

Just one more cast...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: