CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: maiden voyage at lili/cut short
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: maiden voyage at lili/cut short Reply with quote

my trip wound up being 45 minutes because i was called back home.
however, i was psyched to see how nice it was, and its alot closer to home than i though.
what do you guys bring for gear, for the beginning area, after the launch at pond brook?
the fish were jumping but like i said, my voyage was cut tremendously short
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time of year the Pike in Lilly are very active. I've found flashy fast moving baits work best but I have caught them on Jigs there. Drop Shot Gulp Minnows or Green Pumpkin plastics. Be prepared to fish 20/30 FOW. Don't chase jumping fish there unless your somewhat pretty sure they're the species your targeting. You may be chasing carp.

There are large trout and white cats in Pond Brook. The smallies are by now chasing the shad up the brook. Top Water Spooks in Bone start working well now.

And by al means!!! Please be careful Kayaking! Lilly can be deceiving. Current/Wind.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wannafish,
I appreciate the great info.

I love fishing there and am looking forward to putting your advice to work.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a challenging river to fish. Especially from a Kayak. I used to own a Freedom Hawk. If you want to get out on my boat some time I'll show you the river and you can spot some Kayaking areas. The Shepaug produces well at times.

If you have a fish finder on your yak have faith in it. It's hard to trust your fish finder over natural instinct but they work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: