CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: maine BELEGRADE LAKES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvolkers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: maine BELEGRADE LAKES Reply with quote

we were up in maine at the camp for 14 days. the smallie action was just great and so was the largemouth and the pike were hitting in the am! we fished the usual assortment (senkos-tubes-jigs and spinnerbaits) BUT Keitech Swimbaits were the bait of choice! - it was a funny few days the weather and fronts seemed to change hourly AS DID THE WIND! HOT during the day and cool at night - we never really got to fish top water on a regular basis do to very breezy conditions at night! - we have been going up to this camp for a few years now AND BY FAR the fishing is the best i have found up north! - great lodge - great fishing - fantastic food! and the big bass and tourni pictures speak for themselves! (LOL) HEAVEN! -- http://www.whisperwoodlodge.com/
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 20-3/4 inch, six pound largemouth bass lunker reminded me of my own out of Keeney Cove. Thanks! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we have been going up to this camp for a few years now AND BY FAR the fishing is the best i have found up north! - great lodge - great fishing - fantastic food! and the big bass and tourni pictures speak for themselves! (LOL) HEAVEN! --

As a old Mainer myself this comes as nothing new to me allways felt Maine was a little touch of heaven on earth myself but thanks for the lodge link can allways use a nice place for weekend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: the lodge Reply with quote

it is a great place! and we find the price is just right! (breakfast a packed lunch in a cooler to take out with you and dinners) very easy going VERY honestly like having your own camp with out the hastle of buying and cooking and cleaning up after food!
cdbaucum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were there at the same time, we are always reading this board, but this is our first post... we fly fish, so we didn't catch the real big ones, but we had a great time, that is an awesome place.
rvolkers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you stay at whisperwood?
cdbaucum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we stayed at Whisperwood from 8/17 to 8/21, it was our 25th wedding anniversary present to ourselves!
rvolkers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we were there from july 27th till august 9 - yes it is a great place was it your first time?
rvolkers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get into the tournament? - we missed it this year had to go early! - it's always a great time MIKE is a good guy!
cdbaucum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Yes, it was our first time there, we loved it... we are actually in the process of trying to sell our house and moving to Maine, I work from home right now w/a Portland, ME company.

We were there for the tournament, but did not really participate since we were fly fishing.....although I noticed they did post one of my husband's bass on their site this week... if I knew how to put a picture here, I would... it is really a great place..
rvolkers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are also thinking of moving either to maine or upstate ny between albany and lake george!
knowfish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maine is certainly a beautiful state with great outdoor sports. I'll be heading to Rockwood and the Moose River next week for landlocked salmon. Can't wait.
rvolkers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="knowfish"]Maine is certainly a beautiful state with great outdoor sports. I'll be heading to Rockwood and the Moose River next week for landlocked salmon. Can't wait.[/quote]perfect time to be up there!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: