CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Buy, Sell and Trade – Classifieds
Viewing Topic: Make your own sinkers or bullets $25
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooper47

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Make your own sinkers or bullets $25 Reply with quote

***SOLD***

I am selling a huge assortment of items that will allow you to make sinkers, jigs, and even bullets (with a different mold). You could also sell the parts of this collection individually on this site or on eBay for a profit.

Please remember that you should melt lead outdoors; the fumes are toxic. Be especially careful if you have children with you.

1. The top item is a Palmer’s Hot Pot and stand. This is the low-cost way to melt lead. The current version of Palmer’s sells for $52. It has the heating element on the outside; the one I am selling is an older version with it on the inside. Search for cpalmermfg to see the new mold and specifics.

Note that the description says that the new version is suitable for “any low temperature alloy;” I’m not sure what that would include.

2. You also get an iron ladle that you would have to hold over a heat source, such as a gas burner or outdoor fire. Make sinkers for free at your next picnic. Use a potholder!

3. You get five molds for various sinkers: 1. Egg sinkers to 3 oz. 2. Flat bank sinkers to 1 oz. 3. Bank sinkers to 1 oz. (a Herter’s mold so it’s an antique) 4. Bullet sinkers; all are the same size and seem to be ¼ or 3/8 oz. 5. Pinch-on sinker mold.

The two molds that need a wire or two to form a hole have them. Molds usually sell for $38 each.

You get a 6 lbs. of lead sinkers in a plastic container. Most are small, which are the easiest to melt. I melted a bunch and made a 3 oz. egg sinker in less than 5 minutes. Lead sells for over a dollar a pound (plus lots of postage) on eBay.

Note that all sinkers in this offer are pure lead; no brass, hooks, or rubber cores.

I do not wish to break up this set. Why so cheap? Because you will have to pick up the collection at my home in NW Easthampton MA, about 25 minutes north of the MA/CT line on I-91. Fairly close to the Ox Bow, by the way. Cash, exact change required.

I have a very clear photo of the collection that I could e-mail you if you are seriously interested.[[/b]

Last edited by scooper47 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREATWHITE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still have this for sale? please pm me
scooper47

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREATWHITE wrote:
still have this for sale? please pm me

I tried to send a PM. Did you get it?
scooper47

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Back again Reply with quote

GREATWHITE was a no-show for buying my sinker-making collection so it is still available. Read down six items on this buy / sell page. Over $250 worth of equipment for $25.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you a pm
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
CatDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am interested if still available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sell and Trade – Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: