CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Making Molds for rubber worms, creatures, etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Making Molds for rubber worms, creatures, etc Reply with quote

Went fishing with a fellow worker,, guess where?? Laughing Anyway, he is our fiberglass guy,, he repairs, molds etc,, So I start talking to him about molds,, and I told him how I made molds,, He laughed at me, and told me what he would do,, it blew my mind,, so I came home, broke out the fiberglass resin and did what he told me,, OH MY GOD,, first I started off making a simple senko mold,, that was so easy, and there is just a little seam,, you cant even see it,, yes I was making 2 piece molds,, Then I made a worm mold,, you cannot tell the difference between a powerbait worm and my worm,, then I went to the flippin baits,, I made a brush hog and a sweet beaver,, anyway this is how I do it,, take a shallow metal square box and glue your bait to the bottom,, next grease everything with vegetable oil,, pan and bait,, pour your fiberglass resin until its about a half inch above the bait,,dont worry about how much it seaps around the bait,, let it harden,, in about 20 minutes you can turn the box over and pop the resin out with the bait,, next pull the bait out,, and take a palm sander and sand till you see the perfect replica of the bait,, stop sanding,, put the block of resin so the bait is up,drill a few holes around and put long bolts in them,, so it lines everything up,in the original mold box, next put the bait back into the mold and grease the crap out of everything,, then mix up some more resin, and pour over the bait about a half inch above bait,, let it harden then pop the hole mold out of the box and carefully pry the mold apart,, mark at the top where you will be pouring the rubber and drill a hole down to the bait,, baits are different so if its a fancy one with like alot of legs you might have to make cuts to relieve the air,, you just have to trim a little rubber afterwards, It was so easy and the molds are perfect,, Good Luck,,Hey Phil,, Im going to make you a 15inch senko Laughing Laughing
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's bad ass ima definitely try that sounds better then plaster of Paris !!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey if you make him some giant senko's he can wacky rig them with some 8/0 circle hooks and go fishing for stripers Laughing

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therieldeal wrote:
hey if you make him some giant senko's he can wacky rig them with some 8/0 circle hooks and go fishing for stripers Laughing

Stripers would hammer them for sure!
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: