CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Mansfield Hallow 8/30/2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamski

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Mansfield Hallow 8/30/2014 Reply with quote

I had a local club tournament yesterday at Mansfield Hallow in CT. It was a warm day with temps in low 80's. Day started off with some fog on the water til sun burned it off. Then the bite really got tough. The water temp was 75 t0 77. The water level was way down too. all the nice structure we fished was visible, not good. I first caught a pickerel and the a short. I was feeling good so far. Then a couple more shorts. That was it for almost all the tournament. With an hour left, I decided to throw my second go to bait, a Yamoto creature bait. It worked and I landed a nice lmb. That was it. At weigh in I had a weight of 2.16 for 1 lmb, but it was god for third and big bass too. First was 4.39 for 4 lmb. Second was 2.35 for 2 lmb. Then mine at 2.16 for 1 lmb.

It was a tough day. Now I have a tournament there again this Wednesday morning. Hope it gets better.
Ten10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a respectable finish for Mansfield. That place gets pummeled almost every weekend. The fish get very conditioned to the time of the week as well as the motors taking off. They all tuck tail. Fish aren't stupid.It's even hard to catch bass there during the weekdays without the pressure. You should be commended to realize when it was time to switch lures and take a different path, it paid off!! Congrats on getting BIG BASS. Fishing is all relative to the conditions you and others compete in. You should be very proud getting the big bass. Hold your head up high!
MarkO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten10 wrote:
Fishing is all relative to the conditions you and others compete in. You should be very proud getting the big bass. Hold your head up high!

This!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: