CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mansfield Hollow 9/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Mansfield Hollow 9/10 Reply with quote

Took a ride over to Mansfield Hollow this morning at 6:30am. It was my first time there and I heard that there is a lower/upper. Really didnt understand if there was more than one boat launch or whatever. Anyways I launched where everyone else had been launching. The water level was extremely high (someone told me it was 5 feet above normal). I worked my way around the edge and got a few nibbles but then found a nice little cove that was near some trails. We nabbed two LMB within 10 minutes. Both were 13" and a little over a pound.

As I started to troll around again I spoke to some guy and he said this year hasnt been as good as last year. He said he caught a little over 40 bass in one day last year with the water level high...I noticed that there were trout coming up to the surface left and right...

As I was getting ready to leave I got a hold of the two dinks of the day lol.

It was funny because my girlfriend was on the phone and she saw me reeling something in so she hung up quick and was like "seriously...thats it??".

Anyways for my first time being out there I thought it was a nice place. I would have really liked to catch some pike. All of the fish were caught on 4" Pumkinseed Wacky Rigged Senko's with a 3/0 octopus hook.

-Steve
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, Steve! I can't believe that Fishface (aka Tim) and I missed you out there today! We didn't get onto the water until after 3:00 pm. Were you still there?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

I just read your report and thought the same thing lol. I left at 12:30pm (fished from 7am-12:30pm) yesterday. I had to go to a family party, thats too bad I missed you. When I was there in the morning there weren't very many people there. Let me know when you end up going back. It was my first time there and I really liked it. The fact there is no water skiing allowed and I noticed perfect areas for structure was great. There are some good shady spots along the edge. Thats funny I was using a pumkinseed senko just like you lol.

-Steve
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try five inch Senkos with an O-ring. You'll get fewer tiny fish than you get with a four inch Senko.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am going to have to pick up some more. At first I was using watermelon colored 5 inch senkos because that's the only color I had. Looks like it's another trip to cabelas this week!
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green pumpkin/red flake, if you can find them. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get to the lower lake the water has to be lower, I stopped by the same day, didnt feel like dealing with the wind and the canoe. Before Irene I was doing really well with buzzbait around sunset.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: