CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mansfield Hollow Lake 09/18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Mansfield Hollow Lake 09/18 Reply with quote

I had some time to kill today while my son was at an Open House for prospective students at UConn, so I headed over to Mansfield Hollow Lake. It was cold, sunny and windy. When I arrived, I couldn't believe how low the water level is:

The curb at the top of the boat launch ramp on the left side of the photo was underwater when Fishface (aka Tim) and I were there only eight days ago! It went from way high to way low in one week! I paddled around from 9:15 am to 10:50 am. I headed for the culvert in the northwest corner of the lake and fished a little bit, but the water was less than a foot deep between it and the big dead tree:

I spoke with a guy who was paddling a canoe while I was on the water. He said that the water level is much lower than normal. I didn't even see a fish while I was out there. The wind came up pretty strongly out of the east not long after I launched, so I didn't head through the culvert near the launch to the south part of the lake. Maybe next time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday when I was there I couldn't believe it either... I was in shock on how low it was compared to last week.I caught a handful yesterday, I posted on my report. The good thing was I got to go on the other side of the lake through the tunnel!
bdiggy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy how low that is considering it was over 5 ft higher than normal less then a month ago......wow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: