CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mansfield Hollow north 8/22,23,24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atkins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Mansfield Hollow north 8/22,23,24 Reply with quote

Couple of nice days out on mansfield hollow.
the lake was drawn way down for the coming storm.

8/22
3 bass on wacky flickit dingers
1 nice 23-24" pickerel

8/23
2 bass one on dt-6 and one on a buzzbait. Both mangled fish, the one on the crank bait had his lower jaw cut in two halves. The buzz bait fish, nice one about 2-2.5 lbs, 15" had missing parts of his jaw.

8/24
3 bass all on buzzbait, 2 nice ones, a 2 lber and a 3.5 lber.
1 little perch on a the dt-6

With the water so low and the coming fall I think the bigger fish are going to be easier to catch. Havent been back since the storm, assuming the water is back to its normal level now.
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I wanted to get out there last weekend but I wasnt able to. Ever catch any good size Pike out of there? Thats why I wanted to try there. I havent caught a Pike this year and I was going to try Beseck or Mansfield Hollow.
atkins

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive only gotten two pike out here, both around 5 lbs, big fish for freshwater, but not really for pike.

I guy a talk to at the mansfield launch got a 36"er this summer.
One of the reports one this site said a guy got a similar sized one at the mouth of the fenton, the rt 89 bridge, letting a live fall fish out.

There are nice bass in this lake, just tough fishing at times since its a flood control lake. You never know what the level is going to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: