CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Mansfield Hollow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KS1980

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Mansfield Hollow Reply with quote

Good Morning,

Heading up to Mansfield Hollow on Sunday for some trout/bass fishing, I fish mostly trout while my friends fish for bass. Can anyone give me some spots to fish for trout? I went to there once and it was about 10 years ago. I remember fishing a small river while other people were fishing the lake, I just don’t know where we parked and how we got there. I know how to get to the main launch area on Bassetts Bridge Road. Thanks for any tips and help.
Flipper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mansfield Hollow does not get stocked w/ trout. There may be a few in there because they stock the streams that run into it, but it's not a real good trout lake. I know the record rainbow came from there, but that was more the exception than the rule. You would probably have better luck fishing for pike. BIG bluegill in the hole just on the other side of the culvert, too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if it was stocked or not. That is good to know and we will give Pike a shot.
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my nephew caught a 10-12 pound pike there last summer on a spinnerbait...wow what a fish!
Johnny
KS1980

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we didn't have too much luck, a couple hits and we nearly landed to what looked like two small Pickerel, but lost them at the shore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: