CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: MANSFIELD HOLLOW TOURNEY RESULTS Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
next level

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: MANSFIELD HOLLOW TOURNEY RESULTS Reply with quote

I would first like to thank everyone for coming out to the tourney to a lake that's known to be tough. I hope everyone had a great time despite the amount of cooperation from the fish. It was great to meet everyone at the cookout afterwards and thank you to everyone who brought some great food and drinks.

CONGRATULATIONS TOPTECH/SNAKEBITE FOR 1ST PLACE !!! 5 FISH--11.00 LBS. EVEN !!!

Congrats on a victory well earned by rowing mansfield hollow for 8 hours! Thumbs Up I would also like to congratulate the other money winners. Great job on a tough day. Thumbs Up
There was a total of 8 boats with 15 anglers toal. The payouts were 1st place $125 , 2nd place $80 , third place $50 , lunker $40 , and a $25 donation to ctfishtalk.com website.

The top 5 finishers are as follows:

1. Toptech/Snakebite --- 5 -- 11.00 1st prize
2. Rodfather --- 4 -- 9.09 2nd prize
3. Chuck C/Ryan G. --- 5 -- 8.55 3rd prize
4. Nick P./Ellenaj --- 4 -- 7.51
5. Just4Fun/SkeeterJim - 3 -- 6.82 Lunker --3.88

It seemed to be a tough day almost all day for us. We started the day out good by boating a 3.27 lber within the first 20 minutes but could never really seem to find them after that coming in with only 2 more rats all day. We caught a bunch of shorts and every other fish in the lake. We caught pickeral, calico, perch, bass, and senko bandit hooked into a pike around 30" or so until it sliced his line like butter.

Congrats again to all of the winners yesterday again and I look forward to seeing everyone at the next CTFT tourney.

I will be holding another tournament at Mansfield on August 18th that will be open to any CTFT member. I will be putting a post up within the next several days. Thanks again to everyone.
snakebite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to thank you again next level for putting the tournament on. It was my first tournament that I've done and it was a blast. I look forward to doing it again some time. Very Happy

snakebite
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tourney,..congrats to the winners, thanks to Next level for setting it up and thanks to everyone for participating and pitching in for the picnic!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats guys! Nice job!!! Sounds like a tough day of fishing, but you still managed to boats some decent fish... I hope to make it to one of these soon... It will be my first tourny as well...

Congrats guys!!!

Just one more cast...
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any pics taken???

Just one more cast...
next level

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't take any. i forgot my camera was in my truck behind the seat along with the 2 bags of potato chips that i brought.
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good times yesterday. At least Joe and I will always have the memory of the raccoon boarding our boat in an attempt to sabotage our tournament dreams..lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the winners.they earned it by paddling all around mansfield and to the other winners as well. Cool Good fishing guys. It was a great time and good to meet some new people.the cook out was great too.thanks to nextlevel for putting it to together.Nextlevel and I had a tough day as well as many other teams did but it was still fun hope to see everybody at the next one. Thumbs Up
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why mansfield again????Plenty of othert good spots..how about bolton lake?
Nickp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God that was horrible... we didnt land our first keeper till 9am...... I really wished I prefished cuz we woulda headed straight for that area- I lost our 5th fish that woulda went lunker...... Ughhh nasty

I was very happy with the size of the fish.

I say we get a night tourney going SOMEWHERE

Like 2 weeks from now?
Any idea as to where?

Nice to meet some new faces and see everyone btw- sorry about bailing early she was passing out towards the end of the day and wanted ta nap.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job to anyone that caught fish in that lake! Very Happy Good seeing everyone again. Can't wait until the next CTFT event.
next level

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bolton is a bass management lake and the dep will not give any exemptions to bass management rules until september. the only 2 lakes in the state of connecticut that you can get exemptions for are mansfield and gardner. i would love to have a tourney on bolton but it will have to be sometime in september.

if this helps anyone here is the link to all of the info on where you can or can't have tournaments in ct.

http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishing/fishing_forms/tourney.pdf
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next level, nice job on the tourny and nice putting faces to everyone's name. Congrats to toptech and snakebite for winning the Mansfield Toilet Bowl tourney. Hopefully see everyone at the next one.
toptech

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and formost I want to thank NextLevel for putting this whole thing together...Everyone, it was awsome to fish with you...Fishing was tough and I want to thank everyone for giving us the chance just to be there. I cant wait to fish with you all again... Thumbs Up to everyone that showed up...see you all again Aug. 18th hopefully(maybe sooner)

P.S. Sorry that I cut out early...had a house warming party that I would have been burried six feet under if I didn't show up.
Dusty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job to the winners. Did I read right, they won it out of a "man-power" boat??? WELL DONE!!!!!!!

How about Mashapaug???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: