CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Marco Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moose444

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Marco Island Reply with quote

Visited family in Naples but stayed on Marco Island. My pops is doing work in KeyMarco so he has access to their docks for fishing...OMG....caught some mangrove snapper, sheephead, Spanish macks and the coup was three beautiful redfish I did battle with. Lost two around the pilings but landed one 27 inch red on a jig tipped with shrimp. Lost one on a live greenback drifted along the pilings and the other jigging....place holds some nice baby tarpon but we did not hook into any on this trip...I have a pic on my phone but I am a tech idiot so will have to look for help to see if I can upload it.......back home and waiting for the ice now!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I'll be in Naples for a week in January. I plan to mail my inflatable Hobie Mirage i9s down there and pedal out to Keewaydin Island. I haven't decided whether I'll get a fishing license, yet, because I'll be with my wife and my mother, but you've started to talk me into it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Fishing Marco Reply with quote

Peco....I understand trying to balance family and fishing it is the right thing to do...Happy Wife...Happy Life as they say and it is so true...I see a lot of your posts know you fish a ton so you may already know the nuances of Marco fishing but in case I lived there for 4 years and fished it frequently...The basics are to work the edges and cuts along the mangroves and any boat dock that is accessible....The docks usually hold goliaths too but it will take a bigger bait to get into those fish...Live shrimp are like candy to everything...hook them just above the nose and they live and swim forever...To fan fish and try to work a lot of water but some brownish jigs and tip the with fresh shrimp...everything hits that rig...If you are out chugging around Keywadin any deep dark hole you see should hold fish too. The sun hits that darker water and warms it just a bit and at times it makes a difference....If you can find a way in to Key Marco and hit their docks it is amazing fishing...just work the pilings and the mangroves and have fun....enjoy your vacation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: