CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Margerie Resevoir Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTDavidLamson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Margerie Resevoir Reply with quote

I fished Margerie Reservoir in New Fairfield/Danbury CT over the summer and into the early fall and caught some pretty big fish out of there. I've walked all around the entire reservoir a few times trying to hunt down big bass and I've had luck. The only thing is it is time consuming to find fish. I hooked up with a massive bass using a shallow running rapala in probably 5-8 feet of water but lost it when it jumped out of the water...huge. I have pictures of some of the fish I've caught from this reservoir .. I'll post them soon. 3.5 - 5 lb range.

- Dave
fish4fun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the bass. I've only ice fished the lake, usually waiting for Candlewood to freeze. I've caught alot of small perch, and sometimes nice white perch, but not alot of bass.
CTDavidLamson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Finding Bass Reply with quote

fish4fun wrote:
Congrats on the bass. I've only ice fished the lake, usually waiting for Candlewood to freeze. I've caught alot of small perch, and sometimes nice white perch, but not alot of bass.

Yea, I've caught allot of perch there myself. I don't consistently catch bass when I go there..it takes a little time and effort. I usually walk a distance in the woods before I get to decent spots near weed lines ect. where I know fish will most likely be. I've used plastic tubes, rapala lures, and spoons. I caught bass on all three of those types of lures. There is without a doubt big fish in there ...being in the rite place at the rite time is key.

***You always get those people who catch bass and throw them in there cooler. Catch and release***
bassLikeMe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IVE CAUGHT OVER 100 CRAPPIES THERE PAST COUPLE WEEKS
RF813

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my own future reference. What's a decent access point to Margerie? Whenever I see a ton of residential around the area, I become wary of where I can leave my car.

Last edited by RF813 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elixir

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive only fished there a few times mostly through the ice. I dont know many good access points beside the dam ends for soft water. Otherwise I would not eat anything out of there till next spring though. They dumped tons of copper sulfate into the water this year to kill the algae and weeds that were going crazy. Just a heads up! If your willing to share a decent spot that isnt the ends that would be awesome and much appreciated.

E.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elixir wrote:
Ive only fished there a few times mostly through the ice. I dont know many good access points beside the dam ends for soft water. Otherwise I would not eat anything out of there till next spring though. They dumped tons of copper sulfate into the water this year to kill the algae and weeds that were going crazy. Just a heads up! If your willing to share a decent spot that isnt the ends that would be awesome and much appreciated.

E.

Middle of the lake there is a pretty good spot on the post office side where the rocks jet out into the water a little bit so you can walk on them. It's very muddy and allot of weeds but I catch bass there every time I go. I usually throw a weighted plastic and twitch it slow across the bottom through the weeds....It's a hike to get to the spot though. It's almost not worth the time or the effort. Don't bring allot of gear with you! Lol

- Dave
CTDavidLamson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Margerie Resevoir Reply with quote

CTDavidLamson wrote:
I fished Margerie Reservoir in New Fairfield/Danbury CT over the summer and into the early fall and caught some pretty big fish out of there. I've walked all around the entire reservoir a few times trying to hunt down big bass and I've had luck. The only thing is it is time consuming to find fish. I hooked up with a massive bass using a shallow running rapala in probably 5-8 feet of water but lost it when it jumped out of the water...huge. I have pictures of some of the fish I've caught from this reservoir .. I'll post them soon. 3.5 - 5 lb range.

- Dave

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bass in the second pic!
ReservoirDog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait for it..
CTDavidLamson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Parking Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Nice bass in the second pic!

Thanks Mike

I walk from a local neighborhood.. try that Japanese restaurant yummy yummy..Idk if you can park there but I've seen people do that. You would have to hop a fence though.
Elixir

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice and info. Maybe we can hit it up sometime. Those are some nice fish. Cant wait to hit it with ultra light tackle thought the ice. Those would be screamers...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elixir wrote:
Thanks for the advice and info. Maybe we can hit it up sometime. Those are some nice fish. Cant wait to hit it with ultra light tackle thought the ice. Those would be screamers...

Yeah, if you want to let me know we can meet up.. I don't have ice fishing gear but I have an ultralight pole .. I am game

- Dave
Elixir

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTDavidLamson wrote:
Elixir wrote:

Yeah, if you want to let me know we can meet up.. I don't have ice fishing gear but I have an ultralight pole .. I am game

- Dave

As soon as there is enough ice i'll message you Very Happy . Ive got extra's of most of everything. With most of the weeds gone it should be smooth jigging.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome catch.
Nice another local guy!!!

ive fished through the ice there and we killed it for 2 years plenty of big white perch.

Maybe this year we wont have so much sketchy ice and we can all get out on margerie
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: